PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Looks like the shank and stem are diamond cut. Definitely see the bulldog influence. I like it; nice carving and original idea. I think it would be too bulky for a practical smoker for me, but it is a nice piece of work.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"I made a ...Bulldog?"
No, you made a pipe. SHE made a bulldog... :)
th

Being a creative variation of the Porsche-design pipe, my guess is that yours smokes cool?

Mar 1, 2014
Yes I can definitely see the bulldog, the round bowl and diamond shank, but the dimensions are way out there, and the finish reminds me most of Nording.
I do love those abstract Nordings.

And I like the super size shanks.
Unfortunately it does remind me of something out of a horror movie, but with all the goblin inspired pipes out there now that's probably going to attract as much positive attention as anything.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I love it. I've loved watching your pipes over the last couple of years. Great pipes and great names. My vocabulary is improving thanks to Justin.

jparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 22, 2014
Thank you all for the kind comments and compliments! I have been carving pipes for about 3 years now, but I've never tried to make a bulldog. Usually I don't try to go with any specific shape just sort of where ever the wood takes me. This one is for sale but I wasn't trying to sell it here I just wanted to see what you all thought of the design. It is currently available on a certain auction site I'm sure we are all familiar with.
@ edgreen - You have my wife to thank for all of the vocabulary words to look up, she's great at helping come up with all the names for my pipes. A while back I asked her if we should switch to numbers and she very much opposed the idea, which I have to agree the names give each pipe so much more character vs. a number.

Status
Not open for further replies.