Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
I love this pipe. I just love it. I love the way it looks. The way it feels. I love the stem. The weight. The size. The way it smokes. The place I bought it. The rim. The finish. The flavor. All of it.

I bought it around 15 years ago from the Gatlinburlier Tobacconist in Gatlinburg, TN. You can see the stamp on it. I have no clue who made it. Gonna take it to them this summer and ask. 39CFF588-CCE4-4DAD-8D91-2D281E15207E.jpeg8669AA97-125E-4A93-BE23-BE9122C2355C.jpeg87365635-5EDB-4F6E-BDE8-F90115A43C19.jpeg0F1BDE77-EA08-4B56-8AA4-7DCB864FA56F.jpeg

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Handsome pipe, that. I’ve got several no name basket pipes from local shops back in the day and they all smoke great. As Mike said, proof is there.

Love the color and texture contrast on that pipe.

dctune

I have a pair of Partial Sandblast Shoes that’ll go perfectly with that beauty!
View attachment 135229
I actually love those shoes! I used to have a shoe problem. Before I got married, I usually bought a pair a week. And I wasn’t a sneaker head. I would buy some sneakers. But was around the time those John Madden casuals got really popular. The ones that looked like fancy bowling shoes, as my dad used to say.

Me. A man. With shoe acquisition disorder. SAD.

• Haha
Reactions: Grangerous

dctune

After I posted this thread the other day, I noticed something I love about this pipe. Can’t believe I never noticed this before.

If you look at the pic with shop name stamped on it, it’s imperfect. Looks like it got pressed twice on the second word, “Burlier.” And I also love that little imperfection. It means the pipe is twice as burly, and you gotta be twice the man to smoke it. ? (Narrator: He typed before a using an emoji whilst sitting in his smoking chair, legs crossed, sipping a can of Coke through a bendy straw.)

Anyway. I love this pipe. After all these years, still finding new things to love.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I had two great experiences in Gatlinburg years apart. Love the place. Totally touristy, but full of mountain air and usually happy people. So the retail source of the pipe doesn't surprise me at all. The pipe looks a little like a Nording Eriksen I have, with the carved rustication mirrored on both sides. It was his econo-pipe at one time, no frills but totally solid.

Reactions: dctune

dctune

I had two great experiences in Gatlinburg years apart. Love the place. Totally touristy, but full of mountain air and usually happy people. So the retail source of the pipe doesn't surprise me at all. The pipe looks a little like a Nording Eriksen I have, with the carved rustication mirrored on both sides. It was his econo-pipe at one time, no frills but totally solid.
I love it there too. It’s a fun little part of the world. You can stay around the touristy stuff and do that if that’s your thing, or you can go into the National Park and hike some awesome trails and be out in nature if that’s your thing. Or you can do both!

I do recall Richard, who runs the shop, saying something about the name of the guy who made the pipe. I want to say it was somebody local they knew who made a series of pipes for them a couple years. But I just can’t recall for sure. And I actually bought a Nording churchwarden from there back around Thanksgiving. It’s a great little shop.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I have a few pipes like this that I love just a little more than the rest. It is as you say, everything about them. It is so easy to keep picking them up from the racks and neglect the others even though they’re all good.

Jbrewer2002

Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
I love this pipe. I just love it. I love the way it looks. The way it feels. I love the stem. The weight. The size. The way it smokes. The place I bought it. The rim. The finish. The flavor. All of it.

I bought it around 15 years ago from the Gatlinburlier Tobacconist in Gatlinburg, TN. You can see the stamp on it. I have no clue who made it. Gonna take it to them this summer and ask. View attachment 135000View attachment 135001View attachment 135002View attachment 135003
I have one just like it from the same place. Gave it to my brother-in-law but he never smokes it so I’m hoping to get it back as it is a great pipe. Always loved talking to the guy who runs the shop.

dctune

I have one just like it from the same place. Gave it to my brother-in-law but he never smokes it so I’m hoping to get it back as it is a great pipe. Always loved talking to the guy who runs the shop.
I love that little shop. The man who runs it is named Richard. Just a delightful fellow. And a bit quirky, in a good way. Here’s a link to his YouTube page where he started uploading funny stories a couple years ago, if you’re interested.

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123