PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopigsooie

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
I went crazy tonight, today I received my FPP shipment and got to smoking.

This is a cool little pipe that I would like to know more about, fits in the hand perfectly and smoke was cool. I smoked the Great Outdoors first. It has a candy like ten note but when lit reminds me of sitting in a pine forrest, very nice.

Lane Very Cherry in the Sherlock looking one. I wasn't sure that I would like the cherry but I did. The pipe gurgled a little so I'm guessing that there will be a learning curve with this one. It looks really cool.

My Stanwell 207 with County Down, I cheated a little and had bourbon with it. I can't put my finger on it but this was my favorite of the three... it just tasted good.

Jan 8, 2013
Seems like you had an enjoyable night :) That pipe could have gurgled for a couple of reasons... if the tobacco is quite moist try letting it dry out for a bit before packing it in the pipe. Also, being a full bent, if you salivate a lot, that salivation is going to go straight down the stem to the bowl. Try to control your salivating, and if you can get a pipe cleaner down the stem it might help to run one down there when it starts to gurgle to soak up any excess moisture. :D Happy Piping

petersonson

Might Stick Around
Mar 28, 2013
Cleveland, TN
I usually find my mind on my pipe shelf, next to a good book.
I have two more days until the rest of my PandC haul comes in, then, and only then, will I be able to stuff my mind back in my skull.
At least until I wake up and go back to work, then it will hop back out again.

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
There are worse ways to lose it. If you consider bourbon to be cheating may I suggest a good Islay Scotch. It's always a faithful companion.

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
woopig, Lane Very Cherry is a more moist tobacco, so you will have to dry it out some before smoking again. No biggie, just pull some aside and let it sit out for 30-60 mins before smoking. It is the only tobacco I received from the FPP, that I already tried/have. Everything else is new to me. I was thinking of mixing some of this cherry with some Captain Black to mellow it out some.

Status
Not open for further replies.