PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Out " f&$?infg " standing !! Good for you Frank . Can't stand people with that mentality !! No idea what has been done and the sacrifices that have been made for his sorry smart ass!

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
leacha, you are correct. I could have been knifed, or shot, but my instincts took over. I just reacted to the situation. It was automatic. I've boxed my entire life, even now at my age, and my reflexes are still that of a twenty year old. So he was so shocked at how fast I grabbed his throat he could not react fast enough to pull out a weapon.
And yes, I do have a family. My son says to me last night. "Dad. Your too old to be doing this sh--. Your gonna get hurt."
"Ya I could have." I told him. "But that thought never entered my mind." He says. " That's the problem. YOU NEED TO THINK MORE DAD."
I told him the same thing. My instincts kicked in. I was pushed, and I reacted.

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
Thank you for taking action. Most people just let people get away with blatant disrespect like that and it's ruining our culture. You did a courageous thing.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Sounds to me like you need to talk to someone about your anger issues if your first response to an altercation is to grab a kid by his throat. If I was the kid I would have pressed charges on you. No matter what you do that makes you think you have that right, be it a military or police background you just hurt who you say you want to protect. I feel very worried about everyone here who sees this as something to be proud of.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
He pushes me and says. "Back off homer."
Reread the OP. Punk kid pushed a 67 year old man after the man asked him "what did you say" regarding the previous statement made by the punk kid that was terribly insensitive, especially in the presence of a current and past service member and that was made in order to instigate a response. Frank, i totally agree with your actions and would have done the exact same thing in your shoes. Good on ya for doing what so many are afraid and don't have the cajones to do, even after the other party physically touches them.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Referring to the "Old Man" part. We were talking about that at work that just cause a guy is older doesn't make him harmless. Old guys have the "old man strength", and if your anything like my dad was, you learned to fight in backyards and bar rooms, not by watching TV and video games. "Old" often related to "Crafty" with real world experience.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Layinpipe I have read the original post. I live in a rough area that has punks, I have kept from having any physical altercations or arguments with any of them. It is not any civilians place to teach punks a lesson, be it through aggressive questioning or choking.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Layinpipe I have read the original post. I live in a rough area that has punks, I have kept from having any physical altercations or arguments with any of them. It is not any civilians place to teach punks a lesson, be it through aggressive questioning or choking.
As a general rule, this may be true but sometimes we need to make courageous decisions in a split second.
Hindsight is twenty-twenty, yet there is no substitute for courage!

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Hang Low please reread the original post. Frank was pushed first by a punk who obviously has no respect for the military and a cop did his job to calm down the situation. Some times speaking up is better than acting like we didn't hear what an asshole says to someone. If punks like that were shown some real backbone they wouldn't be so quick to abuse people they don't even know.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Hindsight is twenty-twenty, yet there is no substitute for courage!
@trailboss
This is a perfect example of split second courage. The gentleman who put the assailant in a headlock took many risks, none the least of which was spending the rest of his life in a god-forsaken Latin American prison, or worse still getting himself killed by a cowardly scumbag.
Another story of a true hero!

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
You are way nicer than I am, I usually just smile write down their plate and get them at a later date... :twisted:

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
+ 1 Andrew

Indy good for you!

But, you dragged the piece of shit outside & if anything really bad would have happened, your heroic ass would still be in bars.

Thank you for your service & stay out of the "Gray Bar Hotel!" And I feel like you do & wish I had the balls to do what you did & not think of the legalities of it all. Have to bite my tongue, shut up & walk away, every day.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
You are way nicer than I am, I usually just smile write down their plate and get them at a later date...
I seriously doubt that these ass-wipes had plates on their Spidey Man skateboards.
Other than that, premeditated vengeance/retribution never goes well in the eyes of the law and indiana was quite lucky with the outcome. Can't say the same for the punks, but then again who gives a f**k. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.