PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sacred_summit

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
I hope the photo loads, it wouldn't work on my welcome thread.

It's funny, I always go down to the shop with a pipe in mind that I'd like to get. Somehow I end up getting something else entirely.

Before I unveil what I bought, I was looking at the peterson shorties. The 999 rustica shorty or the bulldog shorty. Last minute I realized I wasn't sure how a shorty would smoke, I didn't know if I would find it to short, but I wanted a light clencher. I also wanted another vulcanite (out-of my 6 current pipes only my aran 999 is vulcanite) At first when I found out after buying it I cringed.. I worried about maintenence, couldn't find obsidian oil etc... after a wile I realized that by simply putting burts bees chapstick on the stem after a smoke, it never oxidized. Half the time now I forget all together and it still hasn't oxidized. It'd very good vulcanite!

Now I love how it's softer on my teeth, my favorite clencher by a mile.

Got to the store and decided I would like to try a bulldog. Opted away from a shorty (for now) the vulcanite bulldogs I came close to buying, but they had the p-lip. Have not tried a p-lip so I was hesitant. (I love fishtail tips, especially thin thin stems like on my 4th generstion.

Lastly I didn't want a huge bow. I have a few pipes with large bowls that take along time to smoke if I go slow. Amazing during the times I can sit for an hour and a half, not so much if I have less time to smoke.

After several minutes walking about holding various pipes, I settled on something totally left field. It's already growing on me! But the bulldog stem I find tricky to clnch. You can only get a little bit in your mouth. Angled you kinda bite the side of the diamond shape to hold about a cm in your teeth. Being acrylic, makes it a tad harder. I don't mind it though, and the pipe smokes fantastic! Easiest pipe I have to run a soft fluffy pipe cleaner through without a hitch. The green color is also unique and grew on me to!

(There were a few chicoms with small bowls, I want one! But another purchase perhaps)

Without further advertising, I ended up buying a peterson 2021 st Patty's day edition bulldog with a fish tale.

I didn't bother breaking it in via half bowls etc. I just filled it up and smoked very slowly ans carefully, worked like a charm! (Except bangal slices... the bits are so small I realize I can't do the three step pack method. Simply filling to the top and tapping the bowl ao all of the pieces of tobacco fall into place nearly fills it! If I compress it down its to tight. First time I realized this is why this tobacco would usually overheat for me) that's a side note and I may ask in the tobacco section.

Here is a photo of the pipe

Attachments

• 20240210_192312.jpg
    20240210_192312.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 37

Sacred_summit

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
Thanks guys. I'd have preferred a black stem to, they only had black stems in the p-lip and I wasn't sure how I'd like it.

It's cool and different with the color though.

It can be my forest pipe, to pair with my mountain summit pipe (chacom jurassic f4 special edition.) That pipe has a white marbled stem with a light brown bowl. It screams mountain tops.