PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Vipratti does make pipes with curved airways so I'm guessing it is curved.

Curved or straight it's a beautiful pipe.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Thanks. Im pretty sure its curved. From my limited understaning of geometry I see no way a straight bit could do the job. It would end up coming out in space...not the bowl. Also the pipe cleaners come out with a serious bend.

I do like the pipe. Im not one personally to be showy but I smoke on my own and I just liked the looks. Most of what I smoke is a bit more conservative but I do like the italian flair which isnt conservative but most are dialed back a notch or two from this one.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
This is my photo for the WAYS thread. It shows the curve a little better. Its likley a different type of drill bit. The airway is thinner than Vaprati uses for straight drills. Its an estate and at first I thought I got a bogus pipe. Then I realized the guy didnt bother to clean the wood part of the airway. Once clean it draws fine but not as wide as my other straight drill pipe by Vaprati.

1721290099165.jpeg

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
Stunning, very similar to the style of Antonino Scanu, an elusive pipemaker who I'm trying in vain to contact to have a pipe made for me.
The hole should be curved and the pipe cleaner should fit through.

Reactions: Sigmund
Jun 23, 2019
I usually like filter pipes but non filtered is fine for lat blends and some others. I recently got a Viprati I really like. I saw this estate (not filtered) and I couldnt resist this one from Italy. Now I have to wait....

Hmm... What's the thinking here?