PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
It's a Killarney 406, scored off eBay for a mere $25 (sans very reasonable shipping). It seems like I got a pretty good deal! I'm very excited to get it cleaned up (it barely needs anything) and have my first smoke in it. I've got the day off tomorrow and plan on putting it through its paces with some Stokkebye Nougat. I really love the shape and feel of this particular pipe. It's light and will be perfect for clinching.

My meager collection is made up of cheaper-but-well-loved pipes, so this will be my first piece in a soon-to-be (hopefully) growing collection. Peterson seemed like a great place to start.

I just wanted to share some "New Pipe Day" joy.

Attachments

• peterson001.jpg
    peterson001.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 50
  • peterson002.jpg
    peterson002.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 49

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
I've got an Aran 406, feels very nice in the hand. You got a good deal and will enjoy it. Remember the salt/alcohol treatment for the bowl if necessary.
Thanks for the suggestion. The bowl is very clean and only needs a swipe with Pipemasters. The previous owner took great care of it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think my Peterson count is about eight pipes, mostly mid-priced, and all but one fishtail bits. I like the hefty design, and my experience with quality has been good. That was a good deal you got.