PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
That's AWESOME! congratulations!!
That's a really cool job, too. I used to run a small performance tuning shop in Spain before the damn economic crisis forced the owner to shut it down. I now work in revenue management for a hotel chain, I spend all day in front of a computer and even though I make significantly more money I and miss holding a wrench and having my hands smeared in grease and brake dust something fierce.

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
That's a really cool job, too. I used to run a small performance tuning shop in Spain before the damn economic crisis forced the owner to shut it down. I now work in revenue management for a hotel chain, I spend all day in front of a computer and even though I make significantly more money I and miss holding a wrench and having my hands smeared in grease and brake dust something fierce.

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Congratulations an the position!
Getting up at 2:00 AM is purely a state of mind, unless you are a heavy drinker and don't get to bed until after midnight, lol.
You get up, get dressed, geared up for the weather and the job at hand, and then go and take care of business. It's really no big deal. Police Officers, medical professionals, trades people, and IT folks have been doing it for years. The upside is your work day can often be over by noon, or soon after.
Again, congratulations!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
werebear, congratulations man. Whether in the shop or on the side of the road, for that hour or two,

you are the most important guy in the world to that driver or trucker counting on your help. Hope

steady and increasing pay and good vibes come your way in the New Year.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
Congratulations. You might have to work your way up but every one does, and a job is a job and as long as you get a paycheck at the end of the week that's what matters.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
So very happy for you

Being unemployed and constantly looking for a job is hell on ones soul
Good luck and be safe on the highways

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
It's a beautiful thing that it takes this forum over two days for all the well wishes and congratulatory statements to run their course.
Congrats to you, kind Sir. Your relief must be palpable!

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
that is great to hear. Just keep going... Do your best and good things will happen. Congrats.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I will have to add my congrats as well. I spent quite a bit of time unemployed, and even longer working to barely cover the rent/utils (A pox on thee, WalMart!). I am now employed at a company where I can not only pay rent/utils, but also put a little back for PAD/TAD and other stuff. So good only you! I know it was a long-time coming.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
Thanks guys, this means more than I can say.

Being able to provide for my family again is fantastically uplifting!

To be honest, though the only thing that kept me from weeping with joy is that they made me cut off most of my beard 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.