PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodbuster3

Might Stick Around
Nov 10, 2016
I dont know if its the super moon or just luck but after a couple hundred bowls i pack my first perfect bowl. Perfet draw cool smoke no relights i must say it makes for a much nicer smoking experience. I hope i can just keep recreating that same experience. unfortunately the tobacco i was smoking was not that great IMHO and its pretty cold in western pa but it was great i must say

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Congrats! I've been smoking a pipe off an on for nearly 40 yrs an I still pack some bad ones an have to dig it all out. It gets better with time an practice so enjoy the good bowls.

Dec 28, 2015
That is a great feeling. The best are when you don't even think about it. A few relights maybe because you lose track of what your doing but no pressure just a truly enjoyable smoke. And a glass of whiskey. And a super moon.......

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I'm glad it happened, Rob, but please don't turn the next bowl into another quest for the Holy Grail.
We all have busy lives: kids coming and going, conversations with the spouse, fixing supper, letting the dog out, work that didn't get finished at the office, etc.
I probably relight every bowl I smoke eight or nine times, but I'm grateful for every puff I take.
Enjoy the journey, pal.
Fnord

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yes I have a couple perfect bowls here and there but I stopped trying years ago, and ive never been happier since.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"after a couple hundred bowls i pack my first perfect bowl."
You are evidently a quick learner then :rofl:
BTW relights are not the sign of bad smoking technique.
Regards,
Jay.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Congrats.
After all these years I still almost never get a good one. I must relight 10 times most bowls.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
rodbuster3, that's great! And I can see as I read through the comments that I'm not the only who relights, relights, relights, etc, etc, etc.
Sometimes I get tongue burn just from relighting.

May 4, 2015
1479163157-screen-shot-2016-11-14-at-53902-pm.png

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
MAGIC MOMENTS. They do happen ocassionally. That's what makes em magic ! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.