PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankth

Lurker
Sep 11, 2013
I have to say, I don't know why , it's a very mellow blend without any intense and complexe aromas but, I fell in love with Dunhill Early Morning Pipe. It's so smooth, the round light blue tin is so attractive.

Should I give a try to Nightcap or royal Yatch ?

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Personally not a fan of the Dunhill blends, the only exception being EMP. I do seem to be the oddman out on that, so probably worth giving the others a try.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I will have to try EMP. I am aging a tin of Royal Yacht, but I am a devotee of MM965, and dearly love a

tin of Nightcap from time to time. I'm also aging a tin of Dunhill Elizabethan. I really like the complexity

of Dunhill blends. Even Nightcap, which is full-flavored, does not hit you over the head, has a subtlety and

complexity that is totally winning. And MM965 is so versatile, smokes well almost any time. I rotate my

English with five or six aromatics; the rotation for me brings around the English/Balkan blends with special

gusto, and the aros are so companionable and low key. And then there's Five Brothers, Granger ... and, and, and.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
OK I think from EMP you should go try Hearth & Home's Magnum Opus or maybe Sam Gawith's Squadron Leader. I would also recommend highly Frog Morton's line of tobacco's from McClelland. With Cellar being my absolute favorite.

blackbeard82

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2013
A member sent me a tin 2 days ago, last night the tin was empty!
So yes I do understand lol :nana:

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Royal Yacht is not for the nicotine sensitive, while it is a mellow and amazing smoke, if you lose your speed and smoke it to hot you will almost surely feel it. I've smoked a tin and half so far in the past month alone and on a few small occasions I went to fast and bam your feeling the nicotine real quick. So my advice give it a try, it is a good blend just pace yourself.

~Ron

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I love EMP. Can't smoke it too many days in a row or I feel like it starts to loose its's flavor to me.

briarfanatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2013
Emp is my absolute favorite oriental English mix and has been for over 14 years. It tastes best and is meant for exactly the same time of day as the name claims, but can be smoked all day. Honestly though, the tin art is among the most iconic of any blend and must contribute somewhat to our love of this tobacco.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I bought a tin of EMP a while back, and ended up trading it off to a buddy for some Esoterica Margate and some Boswell Northwoods. EMP was just not my cup-o-tea, a quality leaf for sure, but not for me. Boswell Northwoods on the other hand, well worth the trade!

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I am surprised there is not more love for Dunhill London Mixture on these forums, i am halfway through my first tin and love the smokey latakia and almost BBQ taste.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
So Frank--have you made a decision? I've got all three and have yet to try any of them, so I'll be curious on which one you choose and how you like it!

frankth

Lurker
Sep 11, 2013
Well i'll certainly give a shot to Nightcap, I heard that nightcap is just awesome in pair with a single malt whisky.

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
EMP is my first smoke in the morning. Every day.
Royal Yacht is a very specially tasting blend. It is a wonderful piece of work. Very strong. Personally, I don't like it.
When I want a stronger Lat-Orient I go to Rattrays's Red Rapparee.

Status
Not open for further replies.