PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Happens in all families, wife was estranged from one of her sisters. Her old Aunt who raised them when her Mother died and Father Skidalled got flooded for Kitrina wife and I were the only ones to hump up and throw out all her belongings that were destroyed. I asked the old aunt if she would like to come and stay with us, she jumped on it. Later a FEMA trailer was available and for her privacy spotted it behind my old house, wife cooked her meals every day, I would take her underneath the old Oak tree and talk abut old times every day.She passed away and the rest of the family who had never visited only wanted what she had which was very little. She willed everything to my wife, lots of long faces. When they brought her to the Cemetry I figured they would dig the hole that day and bury her, but NO she was on a pallet awaiting the final burial, I saw they were digging for a Prominent MuckyMuck and approached the digger man, asked why wasn't my wife's aunt first, he said Bossman said him first. I told him I"ll give you 200$ if you dig after you're finished with him. Went back to truck, wife silently weeping and told her we"ll put her in the ground today. He finished and brought his rig over, I spotted for him, a driving rain came on us and he wanted to know if I wanted to stop, told him I"m an old UDT man and water don't bother me. You've got givers and takers in life and I want to be in the givers group as it is less crowded. You don't owe Family anything but respect and a helping hand, if you get neither F>#K EM.

It's sad that we've become so binary, one or the other. We are more fluid that that. A little of this works sometimes, while a few years later a little of that works better. All one or or the other is just a recipe for failure, IMO. Just forty years ago, one party was the party of farmers, and the other was the party of bankers and Wall Street, and now it's reversed 100%, and in between it was amorphous.

IMO, if someone gets too bogged down in their beliefs that it tears apart families and friends, which is way more important than politics, then that is just sick. I would gladly never discuss politics, which I could care less about anyways, over ever losing a single friend or family member. Sure, sure, I have friends who drink the Kool Aid on both ends of the spectrum, but having a friend is way more important than their politics or favorite music. And, you'll find me on the front lines defending my love and relationship with all of my family members, religion, politics, football, or favorite color be damned.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Please try to remember that our society is an experiment, and one only a couple of hundred years old at that. This living with people who are not, in the main, extremely similar to you in thought and belief, is a very, VERY new concept, and frankly, we do not know yet if it actually works or not. Please be patient as we continue the experiment.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
aldecaker, brings up a solid point. This country was created for self sufficient individuals. We have populated this country to the max. Most immigrants do not care to assimilate, therefore don't have an investment in the stated goals of the country's founding. Those born here do not receive the correct education in civics and government. Most believe we live in a Democracy, hence they believe we have a popular vote for president. With Aldecaker's solid point being made, can't we finish the original experiment before we move on to other experiments? Plus you do realize, to try other experiments we must first rip up the original experiment and it's agreement on paper, Which will result in all citizens becoming British Subjects. I was for a presidential race between Sanders and Cruz, we need to squash these arguments once and for all. That isn't going to happen under Donald Duck. Great point aldecaker.
To throw this back in the realm of the OP, I've had a few parties too. Fuck'em. Move to Cascadia, I will sign the petition today, but there will be no coming back. That place will look like Escape from New York in 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.