PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
Anyone else ever get interested in a blend, only to find that JimInks hasn't reviewed it yet? Guess I'm never buying THAT blend. No way I'm going in blind like that - I'm just not as adventurous as I used to be!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Fools rush in. I've bought blends when I hadn't seen a jiminks review and didn't know if there was one. I've been given some gifts out of the mainstream -- Peretti's Thanksgiving Day, Spilman Mixture, and a Scottish blend from Austria. Sometimes you have to think outside the box. On the other hand, jiminks has led me to some good blends, and reminded me of others that I'd tried and liked but hadn't re-ordered (so I did) like Iwan-Ries Three Star Blue. If jiminks is brave enough to take the leap so often, I have to do it now and then.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I cannot tell a lie: Though I don't always go with them, I DO always check first to see if Jim has done a review on a potential blend. Some of the reasons he takes a star still matches my smoking profile and the flavors match up well.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I look for ones he hasn't reviewed. Don't think he's done one on Black Frigate either.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I can't try them all fellas. I've been trying, and some friends have helped me out with it, luckily for me. I could never have done it all without my fellow pipers.
Chasingembers: nope. Haven't tried Black Frigate yet.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Chasingembers: nope. Haven't tried Black Frigate yet.
Most of your reviews mirror my thoughts, and while some of my purchases have been based on them, I like to be adventurous! :P

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
This is funny. I am backward. I usually order tobacco and then look for reviews. That seems dumb, nothing else I order is done that way. I normally research things to death. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.