PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I'll be selling or giving away my 6 pipe stand and everything on it, and only keeping my three pipe stand with humidor. One cob, one meer, one briar. That's it.

My cob per year and grabow per year will be put on the wall on a plaque.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It's Charles Spurgeon!
He is nothing unless he is an actor—unless exhibiting that matchless impudence which is his great characteristic, indulging in coarse familiarity with holy things, declaiming in a ranting and colloquial style, strutting up and down the platform as though he were at the Surrey Theatre, and boasting of his own intimacy with Heaven with nauseating frequency. His fluency, self-possession, oratorical tricks, and daring utterances, seem to fascinate his less-thoughtful hearers, who love excitement more than devotion.

I see he has his imitators still today in false churches.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
He is nothing unless he is an actor—unless exhibiting that matchless impudence which is his great characteristic, indulging in coarse familiarity with holy things, declaiming in a ranting and colloquial style, strutting up and down the platform as though he were at the Surrey Theatre, and boasting of his own intimacy with Heaven with nauseating frequency. His fluency, self-possession, oratorical tricks, and daring utterances, seem to fascinate his less-thoughtful hearers, who love excitement more than devotion.

I see he has his imitators still today in false churches.
Wow. I've never read that comment before. He had serious haters ?