I Am Sure I am Not The First Person To Figure This Out...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2019
Illinois
...the boxes/cases that many pipes come in make great totes for your pipe on the go-- at least the few I have bought so far. Fits the pipe, lighter and/or matches, cleaners, couple small baggies of tobacco, filters, golf tee/tamper... all in a nice little bundle.

Cheers
Drew

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Those stylish Walmart bags will soon be history here in the land of frozen snow so get all you can. They will be collectors items and worth their weight in cut down trees since the land of the frozen snow is going back to paper bags due to the wisdom of our great and almighty grand kahuna!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Speaking of Walmart, the standard mens' nylon toilet kit with main zipper and zipper side pockets, for five or six bucks, makes a good pipe travel kit, both in terms of capacity and compartments, and more important, for looking inexpensive. The airport kleptomaniac will see it and assume all he would get is your deodorant and toothbrush and keep looking for something good. He won't think it is a firearm, jewelry, or anything with i.d.s or cards. You can use pipe socks for extra padding, and it will easily hold tobacco and accessories. It is not as satisfying as seeing a fine leather pipe bag, but a better bet for security.

If I am just carrying one pipe, I just put it in the inner pocket on my blazer and put the small square tin with my tobacco in it in the other side. I have never needed a single or double pipe case.
But, if I am going to be away from the house for over 8 hours, I just pack an old camera bag full of pipes and tobaccos. It is padded, has separators, and pockets for all sorts of things. I haven't seen a single multiple pipe carrying case that I liked better than the cheap camera bag. Plus, when you get to the (over) three pipe bags they get stupid expensive, and a shoulder pipe bag is over-the-top outrageous, and doesn't look nearly as stylish as a nice camera bag.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Speaking of Walmart, the standard mens' nylon toilet kit with main zipper and zipper side pockets, for five or six bucks, makes a good pipe travel kit, both in terms of capacity and compartments, and more important, for looking inexpensive. The airport kleptomaniac will see it and assume all he would get is your deodorant and toothbrush and keep looking for something good. He won't think it is a firearm, jewelry, or anything with i.d.s or cards. You can use pipe socks for extra padding, and it will easily hold tobacco and accessories. It is not as satisfying as seeing a fine leather pipe bag, but a better bet for security.
Yep, my main travel bag for my pipe stuff is a $5 walmart pencil case with two compartments, it holds 2 pipes on one side, a few baggies of tobacco and accessories on the other.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
If I am just carrying one pipe, I just put it in the inner pocket on my blazer and put the small square tin with my tobacco in it in the other side. I have never needed a single or double pipe case.
But, if I am going to be away from the house for over 8 hours, I just pack an old camera bag full of pipes and tobaccos. It is padded, has separators, and pockets for all sorts of things. I haven't seen a single multiple pipe carrying case that I liked better than the cheap camera bag. Plus, when you get to the (over) three pipe bags they get stupid expensive, and a shoulder pipe bag is over-the-top outrageous, and doesn't look nearly as stylish as a nice camera bag.
on vacation I carry my pipe stuff in a 1990's Video Camera bag. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: diamondback

Dirty D

Lurker
Nov 19, 2019
New pipe smoker. Learning a lot around here. Figured out the other day that if I turn my bent stems upside down it points up to roof of mouth and since i wear full top plate denture, smoke just hits that instead of my tongue. Greatly reducing tongue bite. Looks weird but I dont care. Works quite well using my Savinelli lumberman and my mm country gentleman. A "po man's P-lip." Super proud of myself, tongue never felt better... Cheers and happy Friday to all. D.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
They're banned in Anchorage. I just buy 'em by the case from Amazon.

Haha, was just going to make this same comment. Not only are they banned, but you must buy the paper bags if you would like your groceries bagged. I have my stash of reusable bags in my car, but I am still adjusting and often forget to bring them in with me, resulting in $0.10 per paper bag at the grocery store. That's some expensive fire starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.