PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
My dad came over earlier this evening and we cut about half a rick of wood, we got it stacked, and we all had some homemade chicken soup(wife and both daughters got the cold!)and some homemade cornbread. After a chat about going and getting some more baccy pretty soon, my dad decided to head on back home.
I loaded up the stove and put on a pot of coffee, and am now sitting down to a nice cup of coffee and my favorite pipe. Its not an expensive pipe but man its a beaut to look at. Found it at a Tinderbox in the basket, its twin was on the wall for about 100 bucks! But i managed to get this one for a 20 because the silver ring on it is loose. Its tight as long as the stem is in, but you cant tell theres anything wrong with it while its being smoked. I got it loaded up with a mixture of that Midnight and Wilshire.

Man its about the best smoke ive had so far. With the wife and girls in the living room bundled up watching tv, me in here on the pc smoking the pipe and listening to some Pink Floyd, its hard to imagine it getting any better.
Just a ramble

Scott!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Right on buddy...I think all pipe smokers love those perfect moments in life when you feel perfectly content and the pipe smokes oh so well.
Cheers.
P.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
larson-big.gif

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
During my workday, I frequently look forward to coming home and unwinding with a big loaded pipe and playing some online poker. Or just simply surfing the web.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
bogie, glad that you shared a nice moment. I have those often and fail to share.
Also, many old timers here can confirm that you don't need an expensive pipe to enjoy tobacco. Even though I have a costly pipe or two, my best smoker is a $20 Stanwell second. No stamp or markings of any kind. It's performance does all the talking (or smoking).

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
Someone once said you can live the life you love...or love the life you live....either way..... those kind of moments...make it all worth the while!

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Are you kidding? FARSIDE! is the best lol.
Hobie1dog, its just on my pc. I still have two of the old school home stereo's bought back in early 90s lol. They are loud and still work so i cant complain, but mostly i just sit here and listend to the music on my pc. We have the crappiest internet ever(cricket) so streaming stuff like PANDORA or Groove shark gets annoying lol.
Thanks for the replies fellas.

geoffreycox

Lurker
Jan 10, 2010
I remember back in the day listening to the Floyd but my pipe was loaded with other things back then. What's that old line...Did you do drugs in the 60's...well actually I did them at all temperatures!

Status
Not open for further replies.