I Am Done Saving For That Special Occassion.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I figure since the zombie apocalypse is upon us I am making no aged tin or bulk untouchable. If I feel like smoking something from 2007 I am opening it. Recently I have been pounding away at my 1997,1998 and 2006 Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky. I see no reason to keep looking at them and wishing I could open them. Screw that, I smoked the shit out of those three 100 gram tins.
I am done just looking at these old tins wondering how good they are, I am cracking them and deciding for myself whether the were worth cellaring.
I could catch Covis and that might be it, no more smoking unless they have figured a way to smoke on a ventilator. The only tin I am saving is an old Three Nuns for when my buddy hoosierpipeguy comes over. Other than that everything is fair game.

Has anyone else thought about this or are some already doing this.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Yep...I'm of the same mind. To me the moment we are in right NOW is a special occasion worthy of cracking open the good stuff in my cellar. The occasion might not be "special" in the sense of an anniversary or birth perhaps, but these are truly unique times we're living in that I won't soon forget.

I've been burning through a jar of 2012 MacBaren ODF lately...great stuff!

tnfan

Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
I figure since the zombie apocalypse is upon us I am making no aged tin or bulk untouchable. If I feel like smoking something from 2007 I am opening it. Recently I have been pounding away at my 1997,1998 and 2006 Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky. I see no reason to keep looking at them and wishing I could open them. Screw that, I smoked the shit out of those three 100 gram tins.
I am done just looking at these old tins wondering how good they are, I am cracking them and deciding for myself whether the were worth cellaring.
I could catch Covis and that might be it, no more smoking unless they have figured a way to smoke on a ventilator. The only tin I am saving is an old Three Nuns for when my buddy hoosierpipeguy comes over. Other than that everything is fair game.

I’m with you Harris! I don’t have as much cellared as you and Craney but I’m starting to smoke the older blends. I plan on enjoying them while I can. I’m in my mid 70’s with some health issues that raise concern. No need to put off smoking the older stuff.

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale

I don't 'cellar' anything although I do stock up to save on shipping fees. So no, I haven't thought about the tobacco angle of it, although I have told all my children that I'm not leaving them anything after I'm dead except the house/farm because no one left me anything...I'm spending it all, on my death bed if I have to (unless my wife lives longer than I do, then she'll probably give them some money).

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Everything in my cellar has always been fair game. The only aging that has happened has been luck of the draw for some jars and tins for the fact that I haven't gotten around to smoking them, or I've absent mindedly forgotten about them. Zombie apocalypse or no, you could step outside and get hit by a car, so live it up every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.