PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Personally, if I’m eating, I don’t want to digest smoke period.

Cosmic they’re related. These are the people who just snatched the cigarette (figuratively) from the mouth and now act like smoking some other substance (also natural) is totally fine. I’m all in favor of legalization of drugs/Cannabis, but this hypocritical BS displayed in its finest form.

For what it is, No one is making anyone go to the cannabis restaurant. Perhaps we shall see more cigar bars.
Truth is cigar bars don't make cannabis kind of money. I would assume that they will have to adjust the laws as this type of bias are not constitutional.

frankrem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2019
Huntsville, Arkansas
I think a lot of the reason for the silly reasoning about pot being safer - Or more acceptable to that part of the population has more to do with it being "Natural Man" - For so man years the cigarette companies have been villainized more for the chemicals they put in the cigarettes than the tobacco itself.

ie - the rolled joint is just leaf and paper if its pure -

Well really they just want to get high... but - you have find some way to justify that - Its the evil tobacco companies man!!

Either way its B.S. to okay one and not the other.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Inhaling combusted plant materials is unhealthy to varying degrees!

Am I helping?

Last edited:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Eventually a public track record will be made for marijuana use, just as it was for tobacco use, and the same process of "death by a thousand cuts" will render its usage as socially undesirable.

Making pot illegal simply didn't work. It did make a lot of criminals very, very wealthy. A few decades down the road, and firing up a joint will be as undesirable as lighting up a cigarette is today.

And it will have lost the appeal of being "forbidden fruit".
Making tobacco illegal won’t do anything either. The Anti-Tobacco Mommies/Cronies already wiped out enough jobs in my neighborhood.

I believe you’re right Sable.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
or the hypocrisy of freaking out about another persons choice of what they intake into their body because there are less draconian restrictions on your hobby and intake. That seems at least equal hypocritical so... sorry not trying to be mean, just saying hypocrisy might just be a common foible

Last edited:
Reactions: blues4goose

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
or the hypocrisy of freaking out about another persons choice of what they intake into their body because there are less draconian restrictions on your hobby and intake. That seems at least equal hypocritical so...
I do know, why do they freak out about another persons choice? Whether Pot, Cigars, Pipe tobacco, fill in the blank________.

Are you saying it’s hypocritical to call it out for what it is? ?

Reactions: anotherbob

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015

I didn’t know which category to place this one, but the pictures alone are worth the share. A restaurant where idiotoids are fist bumping joints, and pot smoke is filling the air where people eat!? Yet tobacco users have become something close to second class citizens. This one is for the hypocrites.
Oh yes, the hypocrisy is deep with that group. Same people that rail against GMO's and then relish their genetically modified buds of herb.

Reactions: perdurabo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People do proceed from fad to fad in groups. There's some kind of warmth in numbers, whatever the ardor is directed at. I do remember an extended family member who had a serious alcohol problem, but I was fascinated with how intolerant he was of people who abused other forms of alcohol. Winos and beer alcoholics and other not in his camp were seen as pitiable. This guy was brilliant, made and lost millions, and was the star of many parties, until he got past his capacity. Went to many rehabs and counselors, and could discuss their merits and deficiencies at length. A fine mind perhaps not so well used. Maybe?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Though here is a big one as a group we could probably learn a thing or two about using grassroots (no pun intended) actions to changing the view of pipes and fighting unfair legislation. Cause the tide turned with marijuana mainly because people demanded it over and over again and got tight on their counter points. It's natural, here are the actual documented health effects etc.... Side note people always say pot smokers aren't motivated yet look at what they've been able to get done.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
"Though here is a big one as a group"

Are you referring to this tiny group of pipe smokers? A very divergent group of folks who are unable to come to a consesus as to the efficacy of tobacco use. Lots of luck with your organizing effort. Or, are you suggesting someone else undertake organizing?

The tide turned for marijuana mainly because of the increase in state revenues anticipated by various governments. That and most people simply do not care about the marijuana issue. I suspect they will find, in the near future, expenses attendant with marijuana will out pace any revenue increase.

But tobacco use? Society doesn't like anything about smoking tobacco starting with the reek we smokers carry into elevators, homes and vehicles. Face it, the tobacco use debate has progressed far beyond any medical concerns. The majority simply do not like smokers (cigarettes in particular), attendant smell and the perceived "low class" connotation.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
If they're decriminalizing one substance they have to criminalize another to take its place.

They have to keep the social-control/black-market/police-state/prison-complex beast fed.

Tobacco is everyone's favorite scapegoat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.