PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Have a cow elk tag over the Halloween weekend, then another cow tag and an either sex tag for a private ranch early in December. Also drew a buck tag for a unit known for wall hangers and that happens over the Thanksgiving holiday. Might be squeezing a Texas pig hunt in before then. Have no idea how I'm gonna fit the pheasant hunting into all of this. And I still have to sight in the rifle because because I just upgraded the scope and am switching ammo. I'm exhausted just thinking about all this.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Have a cow elk tag over the Halloween weekend, then another cow tag and an either sex tag for a private ranch early in December. Also drew a buck tag for a unit known for wall hangers and that happens over the Thanksgiving holiday. Might be squeezing a Texas pig hunt in before then. Have no idea how I'm gonna fit the pheasant hunting into all of this. And I still have to sight in the rifle because because I just upgraded the scope and am switching ammo. I'm exhausted just thinking about all this.
I forgot I'm also going to be doing a little pig hunting in TX in december. As well as looking for a couple whitetails.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I'm thinking of getting into the woods and seeing if I can bag some squirrels with my grandpa's old 16 gauge double barrel, and make a burgoo (a/k/a vegetable and squirrel stew). It's like fishing for bluegill - simple and fun, but perhaps a bit more of a challenge.

Best of luck to you guys on your hunts! I love seeing these pics, so please keep em comin.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Wabbit season opens next Saturday. If there's any rabbits this year. We've been on the downtrend of the 7-10 year cycle for the past 3 years or so. 2 years in a row, not a single cottontail or Jack to be seen. Last year saw one cottontail. Hoping for a more plentiful population this year.

Didn't put in for big game tags this year, and I don't know nothing about bird hunting yet. I do plan to learn though.