PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
I just went to HU online tobaccos to place an order, and was pleasantly surprised to see that the site has had a major face-lift. If you haven't already, I recommend you check them out. I'm not sure if they ship to the states or not.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
I would recommend Directors Cut, Edward G, and Janneman Flake. All very delicious blends.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Nicht vorrätig
fayyumcake_komprimiert.jpg

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
If you like a non-Lat oriental blend then Joschi's Oriental Sunrise is pretty amazing.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
My favorites among the tins I cellared are:
Makhuwa - A wonderful chocolatey Malawi burley flake

Director's Cut - full flavored salty fruity Va/Per

5th Anniversary Blend - this is where Hans shows his out-of-the-box creativity by using balsamic vinegar in the topping. It really works! Who'da thunk it!

Indaba

Out Of Africa
I wasn't as enamored of Dockworker or Nashville, and I have a lot of tins that I haven't yet tried, such as Old Fredders and Flanigans. They'll keep until I get around to them.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I hughly appreciate Hu Tobacco blends, as Mr Deniz found out te Indaba indeed has something common with newer Three Nuns,perhaps somewhat fuller and creamier though,I like Dockworker flake too,Makhuwa all them have this round full taste in them, but wasen't that much in love with Nashville county

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
I could live smoking just Director's Cut (ok and OGS). Delicious stuff!

phreon

Lurker
Jul 11, 2017
"Get them while you can because the gate is going to shut next year."
Please pardon my ignorance; why is the gate going to shut? Stupid legislation on our side or their side of the pond?
Thanks

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Please pardon my ignorance; why is the gate going to shut? Stupid legislation on our side or their side of the pond?
Primarily ours. The gate slams shut on August 8 2018. Not just on overseas blends not licensed for sale and distribution in the US, but for a large assortment of domestic product introduced into the US market after Feb 15th 2007. There's is plenty of stupid legislation being enacted on the other side of the pond as well. So it's always possible that the gate will slam shut sooner.
If you want to know more, there has been a lot of discussion here and on other forums. A google search using pipesmagazine.com and FDA as key words will give you all the info.

halfy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2014
Old Fredder's Broken Flake is one of my all time favorite blends...

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I wasn't too excited about HU after trying many of their talked about blends on this forum. I find that many of those can easily be replaced by tobacco blends readily available in the States. It wasn't until I tried Hadde's Best Irish that I was truly blown away and it definitely sparked my interest in their scented tobacco blends. People tend to overlook his aromatics because that word brings with it so many negative connotations and I don't even really like calling them that, I prefer the term "scented". Any one that loves Lakeland tobaccos or the traditionally scented European blends like, Condor and St. Bruno need to take a closer look at his United Passion line of blends.
Daddy Gefftl - Kentucky Dark Fired, Unflavored Black Cav and just a pinch of Lat scented with an absolutely mouth watering complex floral top dressing that makes this unusual mix of leaves a truly breath taking original masterpiece! It's perfect for the summer months.
Sissinghurst - VA/DFK/Perique scented with another amazingly complex floral top dressing that will give St. Bruno and Condor a run for their money. It's similar to Maltan RR but different enough to justify owning both. I am absolutely floored at how good this stuff is!!!!
Hadde's Best Irish VA/DFK/Perique. This is for the folks that just want a whisper of top dressing added but it does have a very faint floral, honey almond vibe that compliments the tobaccos in a way that words cannot describe and it is by far the best honey note ever used in a tobacco blend. A true marvel.
Old Fredders and Dockworker were also stand out blends for me and there are many more that I still need to try.
5th Anniversary Blend - this is where Hans shows his out-of-the-box creativity by using balsamic vinegar in the topping. It really works! Who'da thunk it!
That actually sounds amazing to me. I always got a sweet and sour balsamic vinegar thing going on in St. Bruno that just works so well. I need to put this blend on my short list along with; Casablanca Felling, Take Five, JU52, Out of Africa and China's Heaven.
Great Dixter is another strange one that I really do love but can't smoke it too often cause it's very intense.
So yes, I agree that Hans is a master blender, he has dramatically won me over with these blends that I just shared with you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.