HU Retailer That Also Ships Snuff to US of A?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I enjoyed how lofi that site is but really only so much to talk about when it comes to snuff. The bespoke snuffs you mentioned in another thread sound intriguing. Perhaps I will order some.

For those interested in English snuffs with some amount of history I would look into Fribourg & Treyer vs SG.
yeah the bespoke is great and it's amazing how quickly you can get them like a little bit over two weeks and if you can't afford the whole thing find someone else who wants the same snuff or a few others and mix the cost. And if you get Fribourg & Treyer get them from toque cause that's the only place to get the big tins which are way better in every way. And those are the legit primo snuff.

Jan 27, 2020
yeah the bespoke is great and it's amazing how quickly you can get them like a little bit over two weeks and if you can't afford the whole thing find someone else who wants the same snuff or a few others and mix the cost. And if you get Fribourg & Treyer get them from toque cause that's the only place to get the big tins which are way better in every way. And those are the legit primo snuff.

Once I broke down and bought some Sir Walter Scott snuffs, which I'm sure you know are marketed as artisanal or whatever but I didn't really enjoy them. Rosinski is actually one of my favorite snuff makers, very natural almost vegetal in nature at times.

Have you tried those Mullens & Westleys snuffs? Some of these offerings seem very similar to others or maybe just rebranded.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Once I broke down and bought some Sir Walter Scott snuffs, which I'm sure you know are marketed as artisanal or whatever but I didn't really enjoy them. Rosinski is actually one of my favorite snuff makers, very natural almost vegetal in nature at times.

Have you tried those Mullens & Westleys snuff? Some of these offerings seem very similar to others or maybe just rebranded.
Mullens & Westly are made by Wilson of Sharrow. They are different recipes but same factory. A lot of them are like Sharrow snuffs but with a little more or little less of certain scents (snuffs often have more ingredients to the scent then advertised a really good example of that or clear example is crumbs of comfort that's not just mint).

Jan 27, 2020
Mullens & Westly are made by Wilson of Sharrow. They are different recipes but same factory. A lot of them are like Sharrow snuffs but with a little more or little less of certain scents (snuffs often have more ingredients to the scent then advertised a really good example of that or clear example is crumbs of comfort that's not just mint).

Ah ok, I'm going to place a small order for the holidays despite it not being cost effective with shipping. Snuff to me, is a bit of a manic indulgence unlike pipe smoking. I often stop at a tobacco store that sells a bunch of American snuffs, thankfully I'm not addicted enough to ever feel inclined to buy that crap.

Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Ah ok, I'm going to place a small order for the holidays despite it not being cost effective with shipping. Snuff to me, is a bit of a manic indulgence unlike pipe smoking. I often stop at a tobacco store that sells a bunch of American snuffs, thankfully I'm not addicted enough to ever feel inclined to buy that crap.
some people like that but it's too expensive for me to try. Not when I can buy stuff I know I like. Though it kind of seems like if I had to order from outside the country for pipe stuff and the prices where all the same as they are now but Captain Black and Sir Walter Rally (I know I misspelled that) where thirty bucks a pouch.

Jan 27, 2020
some people like that but it's too expensive for me to try. Not when I can buy stuff I know I like. Though it kind of seems like if I had to order from outside the country for pipe stuff and the prices where all the same as they are now but Captain Black and Sir Walter Rally (I know I misspelled that) where thirty bucks a pouch.

Well, the ones I see are the Navy sweet, peach and such. Tried it once and it had a horrible artificial sweetnastiness and are too powdery (a bit like most toasts). If you ever want to try let me know and I will pick you up a container, they run about $6.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I had some Tube Rose scotch snuff, I liked it ok. It's made by American Snuff, I suspect its mostly for dipping.. I tried that and I'll say that certainly would take some practice.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I had some Tube Rose scotch snuff, I liked it ok. It's made by American Snuff, I suspect its mostly for dipping.. I tried that and I'll say that certainly would take some practice.
original it wasn't for dipping but people did that and that's what they're mainly sold for but it's pretty much the same thing as any other nasal snuff (the same way Captain Black is pretty much the same thing as G.L.P. blend). The trick to dipping it is to use a spoon like a tea spoon put that in your lip with the tip filled with snuff use your finger to keep the tobacco in your mouth as you pull the spoon out. That gets it in there nice and well after you get the hang of that you can use the spoon to just dump it in. And once you get that trick down it's pretty easy to do kind of like getting a good pack on a pipe.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Yes, not sure if the prices have changed but you were able to get a good amount of snuff with a shipping cost of around $20.
I'm new to snuff and Mr. Snuff isn't cheap, considering the small, lightweight packages, but what the hell - they deliver. 5 tins cost around $15 in shipping and 17 tins was around $20. I'd love to get it locally, but none of the B&M near me sell any, even the hipster one. The only snuff I've ever seen in a store is Bruton and the sweet Garrett.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff
Jan 27, 2020
I'm new to snuff and Mr. Snuff isn't cheap, considering the small, lightweight packages, but what the hell - they deliver. 5 tins cost around $15 in shipping and 17 tins was around $20. I'd love to get it locally, but none of the B&M near me sell any, even the hipster one. The only snuff I've ever seen in a store is Bruton and the sweet Garrett.

Yes but those $20 tins will last you a while. The government here put the screws on shipping to the US from overseas and I believe Mr Snuff ate the additional costs. From what I see even if you only buy one tin of tobacco from the German retailers you'll pay $40, so while not cheap I feel like the $20 is getting off easy in contrast.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Yes but those $20 tins will last you a while. The government here put the screws on shipping to the US from overseas and I believe Mr Snuff ate the additional costs. From what I see even if you only buy one tin of tobacco from the German retailers you'll pay $40, so while not cheap I feel like the $20 is getting off easy in contrast.
Fully agree. It is still a reasonable shipping cost considering it is coming from across the pond and usually arrives a week after shipping. Online chatter seems like they used to not be as devoted to customer service, but that has not been my experience. And I'll continue to check locally, drawing confused looks from B&M tobacconists. Invariably, when I ask if they carry nasal snuff, there is usually a long pause before a polite "no." Only one B&M looked into it and said that their local distributor no longer offers snuffs. Now, how to get the hipsters into snuff to create a demand (and away from bourbon).... ?

Jan 27, 2020
Fully agree. It is still a reasonable shipping cost considering it is coming from across the pond and usually arrives a week after shipping. Online chatter seems like they used to not be as devoted to customer service, but that has not been my experience. And I'll continue to check locally, drawing confused looks from B&M tobacconists. Invariably, when I ask if they carry nasal snuff, there is usually a long pause before a polite "no." Only one B&M looked into it and said that their local distributor no longer offers snuffs. Now, how to get the hipsters into snuff to create a demand (and away from bourbon).... ?

Yea, I gave up on asking long ago. McChrystal apparently will ship directly to the US from their site and I emailed them asking about what retailers here carry their product but they never responded. I did find some Toque Silver Dollar snuffs in a couple PA tobacco stores which I bought despite not being such a fan of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.