PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jahman7

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2024
Texas
In case it is not clear... I'm a Texan.

I've been smoking various forms of tobacco infrequently for 20 years. In the last two years I have picked up pipe smoking as a frequent hobby.

At first, I tried basic cheaper blends on PipesAndCigars.com such as captain black. Then I moved on to non aromatics, learning more and more about tobacco and what the different elements are, what I enjoy etc.

I have most enjoyed Balkan blends, and having learned that my older brother has a shredder, I bought a blend of whole leaves that seemed to match my preferences. That was an enjoyable experience as I learned more about blending than I ever thought.

Having done my research, I decided to buy my own selection of tobaccos to try creating my own blend.

Thanks to the abundant information on the different leaf types and profiles, I was able to create a highly enjoyable blend with my original intent: a tribute to a yearly family event at a rustic lake where smoking and drinking while fishing was abundant, catching was spotty, but good company was easy to find.

I have recently decided to spend time on the websites that have contributed to my knowledge base - this being one of them - and see what I can contribute.

In the end, I'm still a noob to the pipe and tobacco world, but feel that I have earned some small level of experience that I can share.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Howdy, yourself! And Welcome!

To make sure your location remains known,
Please put your location in your Profile!

How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.