PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2020
Hello Gents.
I joined this forum because my eagles claw pipe are getting more into the nuances of the hobby. I am open to all kinds of advice. For instance, Cavendish and aromatics make me sick.

I'm very interested in learning if anyone uses bowl filters ( I use meerschaum granules myself)

Also I found some Rattray's tins very old, should I hold onto it? Thanks guys!

I'm very interested in learning if anyone uses bowl filters ( I use meerschaum granules myself)
I'm sure someone does, but it's not normal... I mean, it's not a norm... I mean, not a lot of people do, or if they do, they hardly ever talk about it.

Also I found some Rattray's tins very old, should I hold onto it?
Is it like a treasured gift or something? I can't imagine a reason not to smoke it, unless a dead grandma gave it to you. Smoke it, smoke the hell out of it. Good stuff.

Welcome!
welcome9.jpg
The Church devil sign is a famous Alabama landmark. I don't mean to tell people to go to church... but you all should. puffy ;)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome!

I try to avoid anything that makes smoking more fiddly, so screens, pebbles, granules and complicated packing notions are a no go for me.

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Howdy from south of the border. Jeff! Uh, no. Not that border. The SC/NC state line. -evyl grin- Welcome & glad to have you with us!

Bill

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Hello Gents.
I joined this forum because my eagles claw pipe are getting more into the nuances of the hobby. I am open to all kinds of advice. For instance, Cavendish and aromatics make me sick.

Also I found some Rattray's tins very old, should I hold onto it? Thanks guys!
Welcome from Australia.

Try Orliks Golden Sliced and Racing Green. Both really nice semi-aro's that are not goopy or overly sweet.

Old Rattrays? Hmm ..... could be dangerous stuff. Better send it to me and I'll dispose of it in an environmentally responsible manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.