PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hikeoflife

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2022
Boise, ID
I came from the cigar world as well and the first one I fell in love with was Seattle Pipe Club Plumb Pudding. IMG_1555.jpeg

Reggie

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2020
Gardendale, Alabama
moved from cigar burnout to pipes. lurking for answers on burnt tounge prevention (slow isnt working) I have a problem going slow with anything.
Virginia I found that I dont really care for, maybe from smoking fuller flavor cigars. I ordered a few samples to try independently and I do seem to like Turkish, Latakia, and Stoved Va. Anyway dont want to make this long so saying hi, and looking forward to enjoying the journey !

Thank you
IMG_2600.jpeg
Welcome from Alabama

TakeThisCobAndStuffIt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2023
Tidewater, VA
Welcome from Tidewater, VA! I made the same transition as you and had the same tongue burn for weeks. For me, it wasn't a need to smoke slow. I found that packing much looser than I thought, literally just dropping the tobacco into the bowl and letting the nail tamper alone be the pack and then shallow draws. The full draw of a cigar pulls way too much. The paradox is that a hard draw does not result in more of the good flavor you are seeking. I take frequent shallow draws and the flavor difference is profound as well as eliminating the tongue bite.

Reactions: wackytabacky

tirefire

Starting to Get Obsessed
moved from cigar burnout to pipes. lurking for answers on burnt tounge prevention (slow isnt working) I have a problem going slow with anything.
Virginia I found that I dont really care for, maybe from smoking fuller flavor cigars. I ordered a few samples to try independently and I do seem to like Turkish, Latakia, and Stoved Va. Anyway dont want to make this long so saying hi, and looking forward to enjoying the journey !

Thank you
Welcome aboard, from Indiana.

I was in the same boat at the beginning of the year: cigar smoker, tongue bite from Virginias, looking for big flavors, etc. . . I bought a few more full Balkans/Englishes to make the cigar-to-pipe transition. Over the course of the year, I improved my smoking technique, found that my palate changed, and now smoke less of the stronger Englishes and enjoy the Virginias. If you are looking for a Virginia with a bit of backbone in it, search for a blend that includes dark fired Kentucky.