PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsman

Lurker
Mar 29, 2020
I bought a couple of pipes years ago and only smoked them afew times. Earlier this year I inherited 10 pipes including a really cool dog face meershaum. Bought some tobacco and started again. Great time to sit out back with a pipe and a glass of red.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
G'day and welcome from Down Under.

From whom did you inherit the pipes?
'Legacy' pipes from a loved family member or friend are a cherished item by those fortunate enough to have one.

Feel free to ask any newbie questions in the Beginners forum. Pipe smokers are happy to share their experience and keep in mind that there's no such thing as a dumb question when you don't know.

Until I found pipe forums I persevered without much of a clue myself for several years.
The 'old timers' have been a great help.

www.tobaccoreviews.com is an excellent resource when exploring new blends [Personally I pay particular attention to our esteemed member @jiminks reviews which have been invaluable in helping me find blends for my needs]

Starsman

Lurker
Mar 29, 2020
G'day and welcome from Down Under.

From whom did you inherit the pipes?
'Legacy' pipes from a loved family member or friend are a cherished item by those fortunate enough to have one.

Feel free to ask any newbie questions in the Beginners forum. Pipe smokers are happy to share their experience and keep in mind that there's no such thing as a dumb question when you don't know.

Until I found pipe forums I persevered without much of a clue myself for several years.
The 'old timers' have been a great help.

www.tobaccoreviews.com is an excellent resource when exploring new blends [Personally I pay particular attention to our esteemed member @jiminks reviews which have been invaluable in helping me find blends for my needs]
They came from my great uncle. He passed in 1980 and they were in my grandmother's house until.she passed last year. Ive had a few of them restemmed and I am sure they are all cheap ones but it is nice to have. I am trying to cycle through them 1per day for the last 2 or 3 months. Thanks for the welcome.

Reactions: chopper

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Hello from S.W. Michigan. That is a very nice looking meerschaum with good color. I just ordered one last week to try with all this free time right now.

Reactions: Starsman

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
They came from my great uncle. He passed in 1980 and they were in my grandmother's house until.she passed last year. Ive had a few of them restemmed and I am sure they are all cheap ones but it is nice to have. I am trying to cycle through them 1per day for the last 2 or 3 months. Thanks for the welcome.
That carved Meerschaum is a beauty.

When first building a rotation of pipes I bought a Dr Grabow and a couple of MM cobs. They all smoke just as well as the pipes that cost me a lot more.
In fact many of my favourite pipes were 'cheap'.

magicpiper

Jul 9, 2018
MCO
Welcome from FL. Love that carved Meer. Where in North Texas? My folks, Mother &
On up, are from Gainesville.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
I bought a couple of pipes years ago and only smoked them afew times. Earlier this year I inherited 10 pipes including a really cool dog face meershaum. Bought some tobacco and started again. Great time to sit out back with a pipe and a glass of red.
I know that feeling man, right now is the right time to enjoy your stash of aged tobbaco, I do hope you have enjoyed every last moment.

Reactions: Starsman
Status
Not open for further replies.