PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Lees65GTO

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2022
Texas
Welcome from SE Texas. I few years ago I worked on an expansion project at the Ashdown paper mill. That area is really nice. Great job on your Savinelli restoration. I'm partial to Savinelli.

Reactions: DrBryant

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello all,

I initially began smoking a pipe in 2012 during college, but have taken quite the lengthy hiatus. While rewatching LotR, I found myself thinking, “I sure do miss the taste and smell of a good pipe,” and here I am.

To commemorate the return, I picked up an estate Savinelli de Luxe 607. When it came in, it had relatively bad teeth chatter.

View attachment 278850

View attachment 278851

Not much could be done with the heat gun so, after removing the oxidation with a Magic Eraser, I went at it with a series of wet micromesh pads to get a nice, smooth shine to the dull vulcanite. It has a hard cake built up which I took down to the briar with 220 grit sandpaper.

View attachment 278852

View attachment 278853

View attachment 278854

The briar is just beautiful, one small ding on the bottom and a single fill on the port side.

View attachment 278856

I believe I shall break it in with a bowl of C&D Autumn Evening on this warm Texas evening.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: DrBryant