PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the DMV!
In some states that's "The Department of Motor Vehicles"! Where is your DMV- and

Please put your location in your Profile!
Why: It will save time for others when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc.
How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.

• Haha
Reactions: BrightDarkEyes

Joe H

Might Stick Around
May 22, 2024
Alaska
Howdy back at you from the frozen North of Alaska where our smoke rings freeze solid and we can toss them around to kill time. Not really, but welcome all the same!

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Greetings from Prince George, BC. Loved your story. I know a few folks that collect violins that don't play. And others that collect art and don't paint, and so forth. . . . these kind of individuals are often tremendous sources of information because they don't let their opinions on the performance side get in the way. Welcome indeed. I expect no less from you, eh? (Yeah, we really do say that up here!!)

May 17, 2024
Far West Txas
Thanks Gord, I have aways appreciated the beauty of a good pipe and the craftsmanship it takes to create one. Just so happens I collect Violins and don't Play. Just bought one this past weekend that is on my work bench now, just removed the top. I love the to bring old instruments back from the dead and make the playable again. Once I am done I might give it away to someone committed to making music with it or I might sell or trade it. Which one of the reasons I signed up on this forum, I am looking forward to doing the same for my pipes.

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Thanks Gord, I have aways appreciated the beauty of a good pipe and the craftsmanship it takes to create one. Just so happens I collect Violins and don't Play. Just bought one this past weekend that is on my work bench now, just removed the top. I love the to bring old instruments back from the dead and make the playable again. Once I am done I might give it away to someone committed to making music with it or I might sell or trade it. Which one of the reasons I signed up on this forum, I am looking forward to doing the same for my pipes.
I have only recently joined the forum. Here's my opening post:

We have a lot in common. Looking forward to talking with you. Incidentally, I also worked on weekends in the old Strad Shop in Vancouver in addition to my teaching and playing duties, demonstrating violins, doing the odd minor repair, and always lurking for violins for my students. That was the actual purpose of why I was there. Got paid in trade actually. A win-win situation for me and the shop owner, who was also a violin maker.

Last edited: