Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mpjetset

Starting to Get Obsessed
Hey there, pipe smoker from upstate New York, just joining the forum... snip... If you want to say hi, let me know if you remember how you started with a pipe!
Welcome from everywhere, originally Buffalo! When I relocated to a commercial real estate firm in Atlanta, as the low man on the totem pole, I drove all over the SE. Cigars were a big deal in my crowd but the embers ruined two suits on drives. I was looking at tobacco land and it seemed like I needed to learn more about the industry so bought a pipe at a mall-shop, random jar-blends, and a lighter. Sure enough the embers burned a hole in the suit, but I knew I could get the hang of it, liked the experience (over time), and the rest is history.

Cheers!

Reactions: Pecos Dill

Pecos Dill

Lurker
Aug 3, 2024
Upstate New York
Sure enough the embers burned a hole in the suit, but I knew I could get the hang of it, liked the experience (over time), and the rest is history.

Cheers!
Cheers!
Interesting story :)

I don’t know that I would continue smoking anything while driving in my work suits after the first ruined one (especially something with more moving parts than a cigar), but I appreciate the dedication to the sport!

JoeW

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Welcome from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan!

I got a late start: never smoked anything until the age of Holy Crap You're How Old?? I got laid off last September and decided that it'd be fun to have a vice to help with the misery of job hunting, so I tried cigars and found that I really liked them. In March I decided to try pipe tobacco, one thing led to another, and now I have too much tobacco, too many pipes, too many cigars. Fun times!