PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
I'm a recent convert to ageing tobacco. After reading about the joys of ageing when I first joined this forum, I put a couple of tins of University Flake away a year ago. I must admit that, compared to the fresh tins, it does have a deeper more rounded flavour.
I know Virginia's age well and Burley doesn't change much, but how about Perique? One off my favorite blends are the moment is heavy on the Perique (30%) and I was thinking of jarring some for future enjoyment, but thought I should check here first.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Thanks chaps! I might have to put some aside as an experiment plus as a guarantee against the blend being changed or discontinued.
Re Burley ageing. That makes sense. I believe that there is a good helping of Burley in UF. At only 1 year old it is a lot mellower.
Just needs to start squireling some away for the future.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have found that Perique ages extremely well. In some blends it gets stronger, in others it gets milder. For example my 2002 Solani 633 has the Perique much more in my face than when it is fresh, where as Escudo has the Perique mellowing a bit after a decade or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.