PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
Wow! Sparrowhawk that sounds like a good way to spend some time on a boat. I've never really been tempted by regular cruise ships. Most people I've talked to say a cruise is continual standing in line. With the amount of people they stuff on a boat there is a wait for everything. I guess I'm not much for "corporate" vacations, I hate Disney world type parks as well. I'll admit it, I'm just a little bit jealous. :) I wish you the best of luck with your trip and your writing.

Here are some Brotips, from my personal experience after spending 5000 dollars.

I made a resolution not to buy any pipe this year. I am currently only getting the pipes I committed to last year to pipe makers and traders for my personal collection. As I have a small webstore to sell pipes in India the only money I spend is for trading so its an investment and not for personal pleasure.
Ok, that being said, here are some tips.
#1 Don't visit pipe forums/websites/stores.

#2 Buy tobacco you need in one purchase for the entire year

#3 Avoid the social media actively. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc etc

#4 Open a new bank account, put all your extra money in it and then destroy the Debit Card and Cheque Book.

#4 Profit !
Chris :puffpipe:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Unfortunately, I have been unmarried my entire life and had to forgo the joys of matrimonial life. (Harder to do than you think.)

thebrokenone

Lurker
Feb 2, 2016
Usually imagining myself going through more financial hardship keeps spending urges at bay.
I'm 29 and happily single, with no children; that aspect of my life is grand, and I hope that trend continues. :D
EDIT: Oops, forgot that I'm now 30.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Usually imagining myself going through more financial hardship keeps spending urges at bay.
I'm 29 and happily single, with no children; that aspect of my life is grand, and I hope that trend continues. :D
EDIT: Oops, forgot that I'm now 30.
I am 29 and happily married, with a kid; that aspect of my life is grand, and I hope that trend continues :)

Mar 1, 2014
The term "Single" is so vague these days.

I've never reached first base and at this point I'd burn down half the world to make it happen.

thesinistral

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2016
At risk of stirring up a debate over cobs, and depending on your tobacco stash maybe fire up a tobacco in a cob and compare it to how your existing pipes smoke. You may identify a less than stellar smoker. Sell it and fund your next bout of PAD? Or your trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.