PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
I can't walk that way since my back surgery.

Pappy, we can only hope that you may heal up regain your walk once again.. If only John Cleese had a pipe in his mouth the whole time..

Thanks for the funny blog, things started to get way too serious around here.. :puffy:

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Pappy, great blog. Thanks for sharing.
Now, I don't think I can help pipe smoking become more socially acceptable cause I smoke quite a bit in the nude...especially now that its really hot and humid here in NY.
As for the pit bull discussion. Well I've never heard of a beagle attacking and maiming anyone, or a poodle. That's all I got to say about that.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Now, I don't think I can help pipe smoking become more socially acceptable cause I smoke quite a bit in the nude...especially now that its really hot and humid here in NY.
Maybe that will scare the chipmunks away.

exterminatewho

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2017
I've been a little self conscious when it comes to smoking pipes out in public. First, I'm not an older gentleman, I'm in my late twenties, so seeing a younger guy like me wearing a snapback and smoking some LBF in a Savinelli pipe is kind of weird. I want to say I'm super comfortable with myself and that I'll smoke wherever, but with how people look down on smokers these days I will admit I get a little hesitant.
Recently I've gotten into cigar smoking (which is why I haven't been posting as much on here, I'm on Puff a little more these days as I try to gain some knowledge on cigar smoking). I've been smoking pipes in the morning and cigars at night with smaller cheroots or cigarillos during the day when I'm out. I feel more comfortable smoking cigars and cigarillos in public over pipes. I guess it's just me.

bprivateaerdric

Might Stick Around
Jun 16, 2017
Lexington, KY
We might need to rehabilitate tobacco before we can rehabilitate pipe smoking. Anyone got one of those studies saying that tobacco is not as bad as we thought it was, like they did for coffee and butter and eggs?
The idea that animals cannot be bred for behavioral tendencies is refuted by domestication in the first place. Any breeder (my family bred German Shepherds) knows that temperament runs in families. We are not allowed to say that these days because someone might think it applies to their family.
I had two mix breed pitts and they never bit anyone, but they demonstrated by tearing down a 10 inch oak tree in their pen, that if they had, the damage would be more significant than my ex wife's pom which bit people nearly every day.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Dress as a gentleman when in public. Don’t look like a ruffian. Wear a suit...
Whoa...whoa! Are you telling me I have to start wearing clothing when I smoke my pipe? Who would have thought it would come to this.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
How to make pipe smoking more socially acceptable? Have panels of elderly men speak harshly against it at length in the most strident and insistent terms. This will impel the young to at least give it a try and entice others to do the same.

Aug 14, 2012
Smile at everyone and give out lollipops. Who cares if it is or is not acceptable to someone else. Gee, if you live your life worrying about what people think you don't have a life.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I think this would work surprisingly well.
" Have panels of elderly men speak harshly against it at length in the most strident and insistent terms. This will impel the young to at least give it a try and entice others to do the same."

Status
Not open for further replies.