PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
View attachment 177841
It’s available in many shapes and forms.
You know how all the Esoterica guys say “Well all you have to do is call the blah blah blah develop a relationship blah blah” like it was that easy?
Getting these very localized tobaccos (other than Mapacho, which is relatively easy) really does take time.
Kentucky, Ecuador, and Brazil are your best bets currently. Happy hunting.

Edited to add: @Ahi Ka , I still owe you a box, there will be a few samples of these included.
Well I better start loading up on carbs and protein so I’m ready for when they arrive…unless eating is cheating 😂

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Dig a bit further yourself, smart arse! Lol
I’ll happily agree to disagree with you & call it a ‘prick’ of tobacco…because that’s what it is.
The British Naval Pricks & French ‘Carrotes‘ were being made by their respective sailors aboard ships long before the word ‘Perique’ came into use. 100 years or more, maybe?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Dig a bit further yourself, smart arse! Lol
I’ll happily agree to disagree with you & call it a ‘prick’ of tobacco…because that’s what it is.
The British Naval Pricks & French ‘Carrotes‘ were being made by their respective sailors aboard ships long before the word ‘Perique’ came into use. 100 years or more, maybe?
Not disagreeing just going by etymology. Got a source?

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
A great video! Thank you for sharing! How interesting to see what people did to compress and ferment tobacco. That guy, as old as he is, puts them all to shame and then throws one back. Yee haaw

Instead of looking up words and arguing over semantics why don’t one of you young guys push away from the keyboard, give this a shot and report back in 6 months!

Better yet, send me a sample!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A great video! Thank you for sharing! How interesting to see what people did to compress and ferment tobacco. That guy, as old as he is, puts them all to shame and then throws one back. Yee haaw

Instead of looking up words and arguing over semantics why don’t one of you young guys push away from the keyboard, give this a shot and report back in 6 months!

Better yet, send me a sample!
Arthritis and carpal tunnel kicked me put of tobacco work and keyboards years ago.

Reactions: Nevaditude

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Thanks for all the great information, that's some really good stuff!

And here on Perique, probably the nick of Pierre Chenet, who transferred the Indian process of fermented tobacco into nowadays industry: PERIQUE- Das beinahe ausgestorbene Wunderkraut - https://rallis.blog/2019/07/08/perique-das-beinahe-ausgestorbene-wunderkraut/
That was a very nice read indeed, thank you! Ralf Dings, I've heard that name before but I can't place it.

@Chaukisch I am sorry your thread has been derailed. Please trust I will deal with @Ahi Ka in accordance with the traditions and rules of Secret Santa.
Don't worry about it, I'm still a little sick and reading this thread shortly after waking up was like a fun fever dream, with @Chasing Embers new profile picture, that whole prick thing and good information inbetween.
Quite the wild morning ride. 😁