PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
You might trying turning on the bathroom or other venting fan to create a slight negative pressure. That's what I do when I smoke stogies, and it seems to work really well. Lingering pipe scent I happen to like, and I don't even bother with the fan. If I couldn't smoke comfortably where I live, I'd hang myself. All other considerations are moot.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Stick to aromatics and tell them it's incense.

I really don't understand why I have to be throat punched by eye watering floral perfumes, metrosexual candles, patchouli vaporizers, essential oil burners, microwaved curry, hippy au naturale BO, and "stealth" sativa smokers... but a light vanilla pipe is exclusionarily offensive. Frankly it's absurd.
A caveat... I don’t smoke aromatics but I did try Lane’s Black Raspberry on a whim and for several days the inside of my car smelled like stale cigarettes. Horrible, lingering bad smell.

Granger dissipates on the drive home with a window down. Any scent remaining following day is detectable but minimal and to me, pleasant.

My point being “Room note” varies widely by choice and type of tobacco. Take this into your consideration.

Reactions: BROBS

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Stick to aromatics and tell them it's incense.

I really don't understand why I have to be throat punched by eye watering floral perfumes, metrosexual candles, patchouli vaporizers, essential oil burners, microwaved curry, hippy au naturale BO, and "stealth" sativa smokers... but a light vanilla pipe is exclusionarily offensive. Frankly it's absurd.
Because smoke gives you cancer**! Unlike any of those other things. Unless you live in California, in which case EVERYTHING gives you cancer, including nothing. :rolleyes: