PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

What components?

• Total voters

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I bought some Sleepy Hollow and it is just way too goopy for me, but the flavor is decent.

It got me thinking though that if I add some other tobacco to it, it might turn into something better for me.

I have zero experience blending but now is as good a time as any to try my hand at it.
So here is the question: What components should I add to Sleepy Hollow to make it more robust and tasty. I would like the aromatic nature of it to be in the background, not so prominent as it is now.

I can get some blending tobacco but I'm not sure what would be good to add to it. The only thing I do not like is Latakia.

You can pick up to 3.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I added MacBaren HH Rustica to Rattray’s Exotic Passion.

I did the same thing, using HH Bold Kentucky. Although I didn't find the Exotic Passion too goopy, I wanted to up the nicotine.

I recommend you get your tin of Sleepy Hollow and some of your favorite bulk non-aromatic.

Open the Sleepy Hollow and carefully place the contents in the compost bin.

Then, refill the tin with the bulk non-aromatic... nnnn

1601236353695.png

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Dark fired should be used more often in aromatics, IMO.
Totally agree. Dark fired has such a distinctive room note, that to me smells really "pipey," to use a cosmic term. My wife hates it, of course, even more than the smell of Latakia. She pretty much only likes the smell of the super goopers, the ones that smell like desserts and pastries, and some straight Virginias.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Best thing I did was put it up for trade. Haha, I like pumpkin spices and those seasonal smells in my candles but not in my tobacco. I found it to be a very week (no body) blend. I like to add body to my week aros by adding Happy Bogie to the mix but it didn’t work well in Sleepy Hollow.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yeah, I love pumpkin flavored coffee, food, just not tobacco! Haha. This is the time of year that HEB releases their Central Market pumpkin cream cookies. I looked for them tonight but they are still not in stock, I love those damn cookies. I could go for some pumpkin pancakes!

Oh, I can’t forget pumpkin ice cream!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yeah, I love pumpkin flavored coffee, food, just not tobacco! Haha. This is the time of year that HEB releases their Central Market pumpkin cream cookies. I looked for them tonight but they are still not in stock, I love those damn cookies. I could go for some pumpkin pancakes!

Oh, I can’t forget pumpkin ice cream!
If you like apple butter, pumpkin butter as well as pear can be found at farmer's markets. Pumpkin wine too.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon