How Much Would You Pay For Your Dream Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yeah two of his pipes.... I wouldn't share what I'm sure is a stunningly high dollar amount either lol

That Rasmussen was a good deal compared to what his pieces regularly go for, but it was very expensive for me!!

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
I have chased 36 pounds of tobacco. I still will purchase alot more, however it was time to get a really nice pipe.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Is it sad to say that I don't have a "Dream Pipe". I'm more of an impulse buy kind of guy. Where I see one that just speaks to me and I go "Yea, you're coming home with me".

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
It's just like Fred Hanna wrote – – once you've got the cake built up, you can't tell the difference between a $50 pipe and one costing many multiples more.
and
Give me a $35 Dr. Grabow and a huge tobacco stockpile any day.
No one is right..no one is wrong. All perspectives are what they are...

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Weez, so your saying I'm right or wrong and if someone wasn't right wouldn't they be wrong in their right thinking right? Or am I wrong?

May 31, 2012
I was a little grumpy with my earlier answer.
The Loewe All Briar is a serious dream pipe.
My problem is that I discover a new dream pipe like almost every day.
An old Orlik Dugout was a dream pipe,

got one for $76.
Too many dream pipes in my manic mind!
If I found an early Dunhill Shell with supergnarl craggoblast and it was in very good order, in a shape I prefer, I'd be willing to spend up to $500, maybe.
But in most cases,

I can live with being haunted by the fleeting dreams.
:

:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTSYdvZ0fBE

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Tough question. But I think I've come pretty close to my dream pipe with my Vampire's Wand custom, and just a few days ago, a Cayuga shell grain at the unbelievably low price of $45, with a 10% birthday discount. And on top of that, it's Michigan-made by an Italian-American with Italian briar.

img_0760-600x277.jpg

However, let's go to fantasy land for the moment: if I were silly rich, I would get one of the "ballerina" pipes, which are works of art just standing there and cost thousands.

Status
Not open for further replies.