PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Touch typing is where you learn to type on a keyboard without looking at it, usually by taking a course and often by teaching yourself. The rest of the typing world hunts and pecks each letter with index or other fingers, or in the case of many cell phone posters, type with the thumbs. What's your method? I touch type, learned during the first period during one semester in high school, I think freshman or sophomore year.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Touch typing is where you learn to type on a keyboard without looking at it, usually by taking a course and often by teaching yourself. The rest of the typing world hunts and pecks each letter with index or other fingers, or in the case of many cell phone posters, type with the thumbs. What's your method? I touch type, learned during the first period during one semester in high school, I think freshman or sophomore year.
it's called keyboarding I took it as a class in high school.
I never look at my fingers when typing and can type fairly quickly.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Was part of my secondary school curriculum. The teacher was so frustrated with me that I just could not type without looking at the keyboard that she just gave up on me and let me type however I wanted or found most comfortable. Then one day, all of a sudden, my fingers just started flying with my eyes permanently fixed on the text I was reading from. I've been a touch typer ever since.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Yep, I learned touch typing when I was in middle school, on a wonderful IBM Selectric II typewriter. (You could switch out the Pica ball with a fancy font called "Elite.") Good times, typing "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" for testing.

Reactions: BROBS

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I also took typing in high school but only because I was the only guy in the class.

I chicken peck but am pretty fast at it.

Reactions: BROBS

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
I used to chicken peck exclusively, until i got a job that has me sitting at a computer all day. Now i get better at typing without looking every day. On my phone i swipe to text, which is way faster than any other way

Status
Not open for further replies.