PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Like Mate, I'm on disability so I end up smoking a lot daily. In fact, as of tomorrow I'm going to try to get through a day without a bowl. Wish me luck!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Clever answer:

As many times as I can.
Realistic answer:

If I'm working from home, 5-8 bowls.
If I'm bored and working from ,

8-10 bowls
If I'm on site,

2-3 bowls
The fact is that people should be able to smoke in the @#$@#$@# office. Open a window, no big deal, it's far less toxic than the diesel and car exhaust you're exposed to daily.
I would never do anything to endanger my coworkers.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
It has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain when awake. I agree with Samuel Clemens on this, I do pretty much the same!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
One of the very few perks of our job, huh Sparrow? I've turned doing nothing into an art form. I've tried to demonstrate this to the higher-ups, hoping for advancement, but no response yet. In time, I hope to work my way to Secratary Of Sloth.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
The advantages of being a writer and sometime artist AND being single. To paraphrase Emerson, it all balances out.

Aug 15, 2013
usually around 4-6 bowls a day, always on my walk to work, usually on my walk home from work, and a few bowls once i walk in the door..
i usually have a pipe lit unless I'm eating or at work. Im also extremely lucky to have a girlfriend who likes the smell of it, from the Latakia to my favorite McClelland's aromatic, Best Of Show.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The duration of my smokes varies a little, and I often allow one bowl to rest after smoking it halfway, smoke anther pipe, and then get back to the first one...or..two...or..whatever. I smoke all day with a reasonable time between bowls depending upon my 'activity'.

I am retired and consider myself as having limited physical capabilities due to medical conditions which could have been diagnosed as 'disabled'. I sympathize/empathize with y'all.

My tongue has gone through some battles but I seem to have found a rhythm, cadence, and methods that basically eliminates or minimizes that sort of event.

I drink coffee in the a.m. and switch to herbal tea and have some at all times. Ice water gets its playing time too.

I think this is important not only to cleanse your mouth but for hydration.

rwramsey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2014
During summer months only 1 per day (early AM); non-summer months 2 or 3 per day. --Retired.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Clever answer:

As many times as I can.
Realistic answer:

If I'm working from home, 5-8 bowls.
If I'm bored and working from ,

8-10 bowls
If I'm on site,

2-3 bowls
The fact is that people should be able to smoke in the @#$@#$@# office. Open a window, no big deal, it's far less toxic than the diesel and car exhaust you're exposed to daily.
I would never do anything to endanger my coworkers.

Absolutely agreed about the office bit. If you harm no one. Then why not. I am a computer engineer. And so i have to think and contemplate a lot while working. And guess what contemplation needs. A bloody sweet slow burning pipe

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I work in the service end of the car bizz. We are talking fumes of biblical proportions.
Smokers must smoke AT LEAST 15 FEET FROM THE DOOR....unless no one is watching.

tgwilt

Lurker
Feb 11, 2012
Retired and disabled from a stroke. I smoke a bowl about every other day, usually outside on a bench or while driving around in the golf cart. Love the taste and relaxation of pipe tobacco. Here in Florida, I haven't seen very many pipe smokers, nor have I found any B&M shops.
Sigh

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Yeah, I can feel the struggle of not finding pipe smokers or tobacconists easily.. Egypt is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.