How Many Pounds To Cellar To Last 10 Years?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I would say that the best way to build up your cellar would be to buy double what you normally smoke.
For instance, using Lawrence as an example:
If you smoke 1 pound of 1Q per month and 1-2 tins per month, buy 2 pounds of 1Q and 2-4 tins every month. Basically you want to double your monthly purchase.
1 pound to smoke and 1 pound to cellar. 1-2 tins to smoke and 1-2 tins to cellar. Do this every month and your cellar will build on a slow and steady, constant basis.
Doing this would take you 10 years to build a 10 year cellar, but it would costs you an arm and a leg all at once.

nativeson

Might Stick Around
Sep 24, 2010
Thank You Gentlemen, The Results Are In! Bulk is projected at $30/pound, tins at $10/tin and for comparison, a pack of cirarettes a day is projected at $6/day ...or $21,900 for a ten years supply. If you are a bowl-a-day guy like jship079 you're in at $900 for your 10 year supply. But poor Lawrence, and you'll see what I mean by "poor", will blow a cool $2400 on those tins alone. Add in the $3600 for his 120 pounds of bulk and Lawrence is in for a whopping $6000! Bobs generous 3-bowl-a-day plan sets you back $2172.66 in bulk, but comes up to 657 50-gram tins for a breath-takeing out-of-pocket of $6570 for the all-tin tobacco diet. From accross the pond, stevewales 10000 british pounds converts to $15933 of our sadly shrunken and not so sound dollars, thus proveing that America is NOT the land of the free, but apparently is the land of the fairly lightly taxed. Tommy presents a more difficult problem, but then again, doesn't he alwayse? I therefore calculate the volume of the trunk of Tommys tobacco-packed '59 DeSoto by noteing that the DeSoto trunk is traditionally thought to hold approximately one dead 1950's-sized gangster. That makes it about 72 inches long X 60 inches wide X 48 inches deep. 5 pounds of ribon-cut seems to be a cube about 12 inches X 24 inches X 6 inches. Converting this into the volume of Tommys trunk and calculateing it at bulk tobacco prices --- is just too much damn trouble! Tommy, go with Bob's plan! Gentlemen, and Tommy, I humbly thank you all for your learned input to this most interesting exercise.
Y'r O'bt S'rvt

Nativeson

Status
Not open for further replies.