PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Me too! I never thought that I was a pipe dedicator. But I dedicate all my pipes to Burley! Haha
Most of mine are genre dedicated. My artisan pipes are blend dedicated, and my commissioned pieces were commissioned for specific blends.

Reactions: Bowie
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I’d recommend a 7 days rotation of briars once you’re game for that. I started out with MMs and still have, and smoke most of them.

Dedicating particular pipes to particular styles is helpful I find but not necessary unless you’re smoking heavy aromatics, Lakes or such.

As far as acquiring, I’d recommend taking your time and getting to know each pipe well before snagging another...just a helpful bit from a fella whom has a tendency to be distracted by pretty things he ?s on the interwebs.

However, there are no rules...have fun!☕

Reactions: Bowie

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I guess I'm not as dialed in as others here. I smoke what I grab and as often as I like with very little cleaning in between. ......
. With that said...I have MANY pipes to smoke. It's more which one suits my mood at the time. That's just my two cents.

I'm in the same boat. I paired down recently to about 15 to 20 pipes (if you don't count t the collection I just bought, many of which I doubt I'll keep.) and I don't dedicate them to blends. I'm not a big fan of collecting things but I think I paired down too far . They are like clothes, you grab the one that works for the day. If course, how much you smoke will change the number.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Throughout the years you will fine tune your collection. You will buy some on impulse, and others will be really well thought-out. Then you will inevitably get rid of some, and then buy more.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Started with three Bones pipes. Took the rotating thing seriously. Since I only smoke a bowl a day, three pipes will give plenty of time for a pipe to rest. Then purchased my first Peterson pipe. And some more and more. Only use Bones pipes for OTC and aro. The Peterson pipes, I smoke whatever I feel like. I don't notice ghost, but I only smoke Va, Va/Per, and English/Balkan. And some light aromatics like Royal Yacht, and University Flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.