How Many Pipes Do You "Need" in Your Rotation?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Even thought I have 40 + pipes, I usually only smoke 1 or 2 pipes per month.
I don't read into burnout, sour pipe, wet pipe or whatever others say about what their pipes do. Mine always perform and have never let me down

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
You need as many pipes as different types of tobacco you smoke. You need a Va pipe, a Vaper pipe, a latkia blend pipe, an oriental pipe etc... them some shapes smoke better than others depending on the blend.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
You understand the operative word here is need. So you need exactly one. One because you can not smoke a pipe at all if ya dont have at least one. More than one is good and fun, but at this point you have exceeded the requirements of the operative word "need".

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't think you need to worry about going out and buying a dozen pipes to meet some

arbitrary standard of what's needed. If you have a few pipes, you can have a good pipe

smoking life. Pipe smokers tend to become smoker/collectors and accumulate quite a few,

because pipes are visually pleasing and interesting in terms of origins, shapes, materials,

artistry and history. Some of the Forums members have scores or hundreds of pipes, but

a number of them have been smoking pipes for decades, quarter centuries, or more. So

just relax, enjoy the pipes you have, and if some day you realize you haven't smoked a

particular pipe in weeks or months, you'll know why!

tgwilt

Lurker
Feb 11, 2012
You only 'need' one. I have 48, but only smoke about 12 of them regularly. I keep the rest secure in the knowledge that some day in the future it will be time to add one of the great unsmoked to the rotation.
YMMV,
Tg

Status
Not open for further replies.