PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Hi Kevin, as a former programmer I was just wondering how many lines of code support the pipesmagazine application and who wrote them?

• Haha
Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
At first, i thought this was going to be one of those obscure thread titles. Kevin has already posted that he ignores those.
This would probably have been better off as a PM to him. But, who knows, maybe he will. But, it would work better if you had of used the summoning spell... @admin
I've not come across the spell, @admin: the sphere of Twitter and facebook is the work of the devil. Can you imagine the billions facebook makes selling all of its members' demographics to the data brokers? Despise all that lowlife shit.

My dad tried to explain the world of business to us younguns' by saying, "That's the way of the world, everybody busy buying and selling." At 10 I couldn't ask selling what? and to what end?"

He would have had no answer.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I really don't know, but I think it would be safe to say somewhere in the millions.

There's Xenforo, which runs the forums, and then there are the "Add-ons" to Xenforo for extra features.

Then there's WordPress, which runs the blog content side of the site, and the numerous "Plug-ins" for added functionality to WordPress.

I'm definitely betting in the millions.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
The answer, as found in the Bible is 840. Or 70, to actually quote David.

"The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away."

What will you do with and how will you live each one of your months this year?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've yet to want to do something that was not possible by the code. Who defined this site? It would take a team of system analysts multiple years to document the programming instructions, and a half-dozen programmers working as a team to write the code.

If the programmer isn't told to code something, it doesn't get done. And then the unhappy customer is left to find what are then called mistakes. The system analyst blames the customer for the faulty definition, and the customer says the analyst should have understood what they meant.

This is a wonderful application. It would seem very expensive. Kevin, it seems you skipped all of the above. I don't know how, but it seems that you did.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
This is a wonderful application. It would seem very expensive. Kevin, it seems you skipped all of the above. I don't know how, but it seems that you did.
Content Management Systems have been around for many years now, even decades. Some are even "free". The coders' work is now limited to specific plugins and cosmetic particulars (which can be a PITA in its own right, of course), and maintaining the databases.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
BTW, "Lines of Code" isn't so much a yardstick anymore... If anything, excessive lines of code are considered bloat. Objects that have methods and properties and can inherit from other objects and be instantiated at run time is the methodology now. The terms change over time, but that's it in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.