Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
Fender American Strat, Epiphone Les Paul Classic, Ibanez Hollow Body w/ Bigsby, Aria Pro II Cardinal Series ES-350, Martin Acoustic, a mandolin, 2 home-made cigar box guitars, self-built tube amplifier, Fender Deville Amplifier. My band is booked to play Fri/Sat/Sun gigs every weekend next month and we alreay have a New Years Eve event lined up. Yeah, I play. 8)

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I play. Hmmmm.....Sounds like we could start a pipe smoking orchestra. We could call ourselves the PUFFERS.

strmchsr

Lurker
Aug 13, 2011
I've been teaching myself to play for over thirty years, maybe time to get a new teacher...

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Been playing since 1971,.....but a "guitarist"?

Negative.
Althought I have had the pleasure of knowing one or two over the years. Guys who could do fills in any key...in any genre while just sittin' around the backyard drinking beer.
Amazing stuff.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I have this rare bass (not a picture of mine):
2388B6+(Medium).jpg

It is a Ibanez Rickenbacker copy from the 70s. It plays as good as new.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Looks like a copy of a 70s Rick 4003. I wish I still had mine. It had the "Stereo Rick-O-Sound" which was an extra cable jack you could run to another amp. I started playing a Rick because of Lemmy, since I'm into metal and He's basically God, metal-wise.
I also de-fretted half of a Fender I had because of Jaco Pastorius, yet another bass God. Can't play as many of his songs as I can Lemmy's though. Wouldn't even try live.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
I'll have to take a picture of my favourite bass. I've got an Ibanez GSR 205 which is a pretty nice little instrument but my J.K. Lado, 4-string, 24 fret, neck through, made (presumably) of maple with a rosewood fingerboard, and a P-Bass style pup configuration is my favourite of the two. Unfortunately the vintage hand wound pups gave out a while ago ( :crying: I'll miss them. They were so fat) so I will have to replace those sometime.

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Started out in 1962 and have yet to stop. :D

Various Gibsons, Fenders,Gretsch,Martin and a few Hand Made clutter up the house.Best not list the amps, it'll look like a Store's second hand section 8)

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've been playing guitar for 47 years. At last count there are 28 guitars, 2 banjoes, 1 resonator, 1 Epi Beatle bass, a Fender Rhodes piano, electric violin and assorted amps.

My favorite guitars are Fender Roadhouse Strat with a Roland synth p/u, my Reverend Rocco (Eastpointe made), and a Godin nylon string with synth access.

I now play in a garage band, mostly boring classic rock as I prefer jazz; but fun nonetheless. I also teach at our local community center and enjoy working with my students there.

Its the greatest gift my parents ever gave me and I've always appreciated the sacrifices they made to provide lessons and encouragement.

mackdaddy

Lurker
Aug 16, 2011
Hmmm - interesting thread on pipe smokers and guitar players. I've been playing guitar for almost 30 years. Saw a band called "The Drowning Men" earlier this week (and they kicked ass), and they were selling little pins with a picture of a pipe with their band name on it....

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
Another bass player here. I used to play in a jazz band in high school, now I mostly play by myself.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I've pretty much stopped playing altogether in favor if writing and producing other guys. I'm about to sign on a blackmetal guy from Sweden and I'll be doing the lyrics to most of his songs. As fun as playing onstage was, all the bullshit assocated with being in a live band became tiresome for me.
And I refuse to do karaoke, except for once I did Highway to Hell. Everyone in the bar wanted me to do more but I told them that was my farewell perfomance. I finished my Guinness and left.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
This video has a great solo by Pat and just a smoking Bass solo by Richard Bona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCPfKzIK6Wo&feature=BFa&list=FL-wc2Tcz8tIxllxE2UNfCVA&index=27

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I've been playing guitar, bass, drums, drum machines, samplers, synths...etc...since I was a wee lad of 7. Always been the creative type. I once made a 4 hr recording session with nothing more than my studio and a mic'ed shopping cart and a vacuum cleaner.

wannafly34

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2011
Been playing guitar and singing regularly for about 6 years, but definitely don't consider myself a guitarist (although they do keep paying me). Been playing piano since I was 9, and singing since I was 5. Also play a sax from time to time :)

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Because I've just got to show her off. Here is my J.K. Lado bass.
jklado.jpg

jklado2.jpg

Beauty isn't she?

Status
Not open for further replies.