PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddypiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I'm lucky if I get a couple bowls in a week. Not that I'm complaining, with the cost of tobacco near me I couldn't afford to smoke as much as I'd want to.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Normally I get in 3-4 bowls each week; however, when the wife and kids are away (as they are now) I squeeze in 2-3 bowls a day.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Generally speaking, I smoke three pipes a day. One on the way to work, one on the way home and one in the evening. About half the time, there is no ride home pipe.
Mike S.

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
2-3 per day in smaller bowls, older Peterson pipes 303 and 408 spigot-fishtails are my go-to's. I have over 100 pipes and use four. Three older petes and a great JM Boswell swirl pipe.

bprivateaerdric

Might Stick Around
Jun 16, 2017
Lexington, KY
I'm smoking more than I thought I would. I still worry about restimulating my tobacco addiction and taking up cigarettes, especially since I went from one small bowl a day to much more in less than three weeks.
But I'm still in the breaking-in phase of two of my pipes, so I smoke 1/2 bowls in them once a day. Then I smoke my cob pipe twice a day. So that makes three, but like other folks I do that in 6-7 sessions. Being retired and single, I smoke whenever I'm tired of tapping on this keyboard.

smoelf

Lurker
Aug 7, 2014
Depends on the season. I don't smoke indoors, so I rely heavily on good weather. This means on average 2-3 per week during the summer and 1 a week or less in the colder months.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
Once a day during the week-days, and two on the weekends...one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
This question pops up every once in a while, but I don't think "bowls per day" tells much about tobacco consumption. I can load one of my smaller pipes with a fairly dry aro, and it is done in 20 minutes. On the other hand, a couple folded flakes in a larger pipe burns over two hours. So which counts as a "bowl."

archangel

Lurker
Jun 2, 2017
California
Thank you all for your comments. This really helps me a lot. I smoke 6-8 bowls a day of different tobaccos- Amphora full aroma, Captain Black Royal, and one I just got today-Gawith Hoggarth Black Cherry Twist Unsliced. I really like the Gawith and had to let it dry out a bit outside. Now I know why they call it rope. I sliced it into 1/4 inch coins before drying. Tomorrow I have some Prince Albert cherry vanilla coming and am looking forward to trying it. The better I like a tobacco, the more bowls I smoke. I am getting two new bowls next month and one of them is a briar bowl, can't wait to try it. Again thank you all for your comments and great info. :)

May 4, 2015
1/day on weekdays, 2 if I'm lucky. 3-5 on weekends.
With getting the kid around in the morning and getting to work, I don't have time in the AM for a morning smoke like I'd like. Can't smoke at work, really so no chance there. Best I can do is a pipe after dinner most days. I look forward to when I'm through working so I can just sit and smoke all day. #retirementgoals

Status
Not open for further replies.