PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

evo03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2013
When I wasn't putting much thought into pipe smoking I would rotate Escudo, Seattle Plum Pudding, and Nightcap. In the last month I've been rediscovering the hobby and my rotation has grown to include Northwoods, Plumcake, Mississippi River, Best Brown Flake, Beacon Extra, Orlik Golden Sliced, and Gaslight. I keep the opened tins in a big acrylic jar.

Parsimonious Piper

Can't Leave
Oct 12, 2019
48—2x24 crates of jars, a crate each of aros and non-aros. When the weather’s good I work through the non-aros outside. On indoor days I work through the aro crate. Going sequentially satisfies my OCD and there’s enough variety to stave off boredom with any one blend or genre and surprise/remind me why I like a blend I haven’t smoked in a while.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Dcicero said, “Right now I'm working on 3 groups - latakia, va, and vabur”

Dcicero,
I get it. Buying/trying new blends is exciting. I love reading reviews and then want to try them.

But whereas you have identified three avenues to explore, I am coming to realize that I have but ONE and I’ve already thoroughly explored it, Burley/Burley Blends.

I’ve tried many CD blends, HB, BNB. OJK of which Pegasus is as close to home plate for me. But it’s not leading the way. Instead, it’s a small (and shrinking) handful of the American Classic OTC’s that really do it for me. SWR, CH, PA, Granger.

But it’s narrowing down to the point where I could happily smoke Granger every day and be content. It is essentially, what I do now, no matter how I try to fight it.

I am become, a Codger.
For me I am realizing that logic plays less of a part in this than does desire. Blends I decided I like (and stocked up on) dont usually end up being blends I crave. I dont know how that works. I still like them, and would smoke them, but there are some id grab before them that did not blow me away when I tried them. Like Nightcap. My brain tells me I like Presbyterian more...but I keep filling bowls of that Nightcap.

Reactions: Grangerous

manny816

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2020
Central NJ USA
i have my go to blends, but I don’t really have a rotation per say. I store all my blends in mylar bags and consider them all open. I reach for whatever I’m in the mood for.

Status
Not open for further replies.