PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JohnTully76

Lurker
Jan 24, 2024
Back in late 2003 or early 2004. I was 27. I made it an hobby to smoke and collect. Then I gave it up for anbout 5 years. I picked it back up anbout 10 years ango annd have been on annd off with it until the last couple years. I’m building a nice little collection of both pipes and tobaccos. I love it annd I’d be here forever explaining why.
Confession: Even after all these years, I dont have one single personal friend who smokes a pipe. It’s something I’ve kept to myself, other than, chit chat at a tobacconist, or a little chatter in forums and social media. I’m planning on changing that. I’m going to a club meetup outside of Chicago and will be at the Chicago pipe show this year. Hopefully I get to meet some of you there.

Reactions: KORNEY

PipeMarc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 14, 2017
South East
I started pipe smoking at the ripe age of 19. Back in 2014 which seems like a lifetime ago. The draw of pipe smoking was the collectors side of the hobby. Different pipes, vintage as well as fresh handmade creations. Pipe smoking was very trendy in Nashville area back in 2014. Luckily it wasn’t just a trend for me. Going on 10 years now.