PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Tbaggins

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2021
Montana
I’ve smoked cigars since I was 16. 11 years ago when I was in college a buddy and I drove to a smokers friendly 30 miles away and picked up cheap pipes and aromatics. I tried off and on for a year and couldn’t get the hang of it. In 2019 I went back to pipe tobacco and it’s by far my favorite.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Started in college because I admired the Dean of Students' pipe smoking. He put me on the the late great Burlington Arcade which I smoked for a decade. Marriage, city life, hectic job, etc. - pipes faded into background.

Some 50 years later, I found the box where my originals were stored, and living in the country then, what better than to resume?

My stand by tobacco had ceased production eons ago, so came here after a while to broaden my knowledge and find new tobaccos.

jerry

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
Since 1969 with a few breaks. In high school, I worked at a small neighborhood bookstore, owned by a pipe smoker, so I took up the pipe, too. I mostly smoked Balkan Sobranie, MacBarans Plum Cake, Symphony, and a bunch of house blends from a store in Hackensack, NJ.

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Since age 14, over 40 years ago. Loved the smell and taste of pipe tobacco, and my grandfather smoked a pipe which I am sure made me want to try it. Smoked cigarello's often then as well, such as Swisher Sweets and Backwoods. Never liked cigarettes, only bought a few packs in my life. Went to mainly cigars for awhile because they are easy in college.

Started in with pipes more during medical school and residency, Nearly quit smoking when I had kids old enough to notice and became a closet cigar and Pipe smoker for years, smoking mostly at motorcycle events.

When the kids grew up, I started up again with pipes in earnest. Now I rarely smoke cigars and smoke pipes nearly daily depending upon my work schedule.