PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
While I can't accurately guess the numbers I have from each respective country, my collection is made up with pipes from:
- Canada

- England

- United States of America

- France

- Turkey

- Russia

- Ireland

- Italy

- Denmark

- Germany

- Holland

- Israel

- Quebec

- Texas
That's not too shabby...
-- Pat

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Dot- what make (or makes) do you have from Mexico?
@aldecaker
My Mexican pipe is a museum quality, authorized reproduction of a pre-Hispanic clay pipe.
I did have a Norma, the only Mexican Briars I'm aware of, which are widely available throughout Mexico. They are sold through Sanborns a chain of small department stores. Quality and price are reasonable.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I was actually wondering about the Normas, since they seem to be the Mexican equivalent of a Grabow-type drugstore pipe. I have been considering asking my sister-in-law for a bring back next time she goes home to visit in Mexico.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
@pruss
And here I always thought Quebec was a province within Canada, but I do remember my friends from Quebec stating, "I'm not Canadien, I'm Quebecois!"
Same goes for Texas, are they about to separate from the good ol' USA?

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
@pruss
And here I always thought Quebec was a province within Canada, but I do remember my friends from Quebec stating, "I'm not Canadien, I'm Quebecois!"
Same goes for Texas, are they about to separate from the good ol' USA?
I was being a little tongue-in-cheek about a _very_small_ vocal minority of Quebecers outspoken desire to leave Canada, and the jokes about the Republic of Texas.
-- Pat

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
@mawnansmiff, Shalom Pipes, that's the one I couldn't remember, some look really interesting but like I said before I passed cause I was unfamiliar with the make. I do have some no name pipes I got cheap and they really called to me, most turn out to be good smokers

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
@pruss
I'm from Ontario, but I met a lot of Quebecois when I was living in BC. I'm currently in Mexico but it seems I'll be going back home to TO any day now.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Cool. Thanks for the link. I think it would be worth the $30 just to see what kind of surprise she brings back.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
My rotation contains pipes from: U.S.A., Denmark, Italy, England, Ireland, a meerschaum from Turkey and a Wojek Pastuch who I believe is from Poland.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@Pagan- the Czech pipes I have are no-names from my local B&M. One is meh, but three out of the four are really, really good smokers, especially for the price.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Pagan, the Shalom pipe I linked to is actually in my 'for sale' box so PM me if you might be interested in owning an unusual & rare pipe but do check out the link first.
Many of my no name pipes are great smokers. Some are merely stamped 'Made In London, England' but others have nothing at all.
Regards,
Jay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oops, missed one, Greece; I think Amadeus pipes are Greek. What else have I missed. Quite a crowd on the pipe racks.

Status
Not open for further replies.