PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
If I smoke blends high in nicotine, I have trouble falling to sleep. I smoke high nic blends first in the morning with my coffee to help get my heart started.
I will second this response. Fits me to a "T".
I hardly ever smoke after dinner; I'm getting older and anything that messes with my sleep is spurned.

Reactions: ray47

Thepipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2020
WV
It doesn't seem to bother me. I almost always have a pipe before bed, and often it's a strong English blend like Nightcap. I hope that does not change. My dad enjoyed chewing tobacco since he was 5 years old (I am serious), but in his mid 50's the nicotine would keep him up at night.

Reactions: davek

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I’ve been collecting pipes since the early ‘70s, but have only become a regular smoker in the last year.
Prior to that my sleeping habits were already irregular simply due to my getting older, retiring and trashing my alarm clock.
I’ve always had strange and vivid dreams to the point that I keep a separate journal just for recording what I can remember of them. I believe that the term, “pipe dreams “ was more of a reference to opium smoking.

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
No noticeable effect here, 3 bowls a day since about September, and 5 bowls since about december. Things like stress, diet and drinking play the biggest part for me. That being said I don't smoke any super high nicotine tobaccos.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Do you need less or more now? Aging definitely has me waking up after less sleep. (then napping) Smoking seems to exacerbate that.
I've always been a heavy sleeper. Now that I'm 59yo, I've noticed that I usually wake after 7 hours sleep & I'm unable to sleep longer than I once did.
Having to get up once or twice through the night to have a slash doesn't help.
I've also noticed that I start getting drowsy around 4pm. I'll have to learn how to nap I guess.

Since quitting a heavy cigarette addiction, I intentionally choose blends with mild to little nicotine.
A couple of pipes of cannabis before bed for chronic nerve pain is a great sleep aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.