PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
My dog ,Jack, seems ta like it especially when I smoke my on blend named after him. NOW the Bear.... that'sanother story ! ;-)

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
My late Weimaraner, Levi would get very excited when I packed a pipe between 8-10 a.m. He knew he and I would head for the SL500 for the Town and Tune tour then a three mile walkabout, I could put the pipe down while I scratched his head or some other task and he never bothered it but when it went in my mouth he'd watch the smoke rise and especially liked smoke rings, I miss him very much.

banjo
91d35ecc4f61559ae8322dd5da40fe06468f6a0.JPG

sdcowboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2011
Rapid City, SD
My dogs are indifferent, however my horses seem to enjoy the experience. I think they look forward to my being in a relaxed state when I climb on, and they end up being calmer as well. Riding a horse while smoking a pipe combines two of the best ways to relax and enjoy life. It's even better when you take an occasional nip of whiskey. I guess that combines three ways to relax!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
When I get tired of my dogs buggin' me for a good petting and scratching behind the ears, I light up a strong Latakia blend and it clears the room instantly. Never seen dogs scratchin' at the back door to be let out so fast in my life.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
My kittens see the pipe and smoke as just more of my crap that they must endure. They judge me... I look into their eyes and hear them thinking "do you have any idea what a giant douche nozzle you are?"

Cats can be horribly hurtful.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
The chipmunk that lives in my woodshed does not abide. No matter how sweet smelling the smoke that little bugger will make a dreadful racket.

My cats don't seem to care, except my manx does get goopy eyes if he stays in the room with me too long, so I always put Hemingway out when I will be in a room with a shut door. My late dog, Scamper, always took the opportunity inside to lay his head in my lap. But, the puggle, Rocket, is more of a cigar dog. He really like the cigars. When I take him to the Briary, he prefers to hang out in the humidor than the pipe room.

hammerhorror

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2013
Amber, my King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, gets extremely excited when she sees me loading up a pipe. She knows that I'll be sitting in one place for a while and will throw her ball to her as much as she wants.

paddypiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2017
Ontario, Canada
My dog for some reason is very interested in tobacco. I have no idea why and it's only when I'm jarring new tobacco, he doesn't seem tocare when I'm packing or smoking a pipe.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
My avatar should say all that's needed. My dog doesn't care. Though if I'm in the house and stick a pipe in my mouth he gets excited since it means we are leaving the house...

Aug 14, 2012
The only other animal here is my wife. The pipe smoke is unacceptable to her. I will not go outside to smoke. So we have separate houses.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
My neighbors donkey will harass you until you give him a puff. Seriously. When he sees a pipe, he wants you to hold it under his nose, his nostrils flare out about 3" wide and he takes a long slow drag straight from the top of the bowl. One long puff and he will usually leave you alone. :D

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
My cats generally hang out with me. Unfortunately as of late I've had to keep them out of the den. My older cat suffered some yet undiagnosed ailment and will randomly urinate on the floor. He has pretty much gone blind and won't sit and hang out with me anymore amd mostly roams the house. Heartbreaking as he was my favorite to spend time with while smoking, watching TV or listening to music. Things are certainly different now.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I loved reading all of your accounts about your pets' reactions to smoking. Aren't pets grand? With a foundation of our love they always love us back. A wife may be cranky and adolescents truculent, but our pets are rarely in a bad mood. I've had my cat for four years, but last August she started wheezing, and secondary smoke was the likely cause. I've taken to smoking outside, and the wheezing has gone away.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
I have two cats. Stimpy and Ishy are their names. Ishy, (actually spelled Ese-Hi, translated:"Colors Of The Sun") is on my lap in my avitar. Ishy sticks his face in my pipe when it's lit. He also sticks his face over the ash tray when wifey has a lit cigarette burning. I guess he enjoys a good nicotine hit from time to time. Stimpy, on the other hand, hates smoke. Stimpy runs like a bat out of hell at the sound of a match strike.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
My dog Gypsy knows that when I pull out a pipe it means a trip outside with me, so she gets really excited and starts running circles and jumping up on the door until we get outside and I'm able to light up. Then it's playtime, chasing after various toys in the yard. She doesn't respond one way or another to the actual act of smoking though.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
The bouvier (ridiculous name, fairly decent beast) assumes that if pipe, then back yard and begins snorting and wiggling her stump of a tail the minute she sees it. Doesn't take any particular notice of the actual smoke, preferring to snuffle around the bushes and generally amuse herself.
Maggie the Cat (my wife's cat that predates our marriage) bonded with me years ago over, of all things, Peter Stokkebye's Evening Rose. That cat would smell the smoke and come at full blast from wherever she was to huff it at extremely short range. I've been looking for some remnant for years to see if it still works, but alas, nobody seems to have cellared any.

Status
Not open for further replies.