PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Someone has to be a lazy bum, might as well be me. lol I have always been a night owl so I am usually up till 2-3, and then I gotta get my 8-9 hours of rest. There are times when I will adjust and get to sleep by 12 and then I am up around 9, but right now I am on the late night schedule. I never make appointments till after 1pm, in case I am up late. If I do have to get up early, I always have a lousy nights sleep.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
15 TO 20 FOR me, all day long love the stuff but I'm retired so no clock for me.

Aug 1, 2012
I don't get it either. I work in an environment in which it is illegal to smoke so 9 months out of the year I get to smoke a couple times a week. During the other 3 I am lucky to get 2 bowls a day. Still love my pipes and get serious PAD and TAD even though I don't get to use them a lot.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
7 - 8 bowls a day. Usually a different blend each time. Always with coffee (hot w/cream, or iced black).

I never smoke Latakia, which blows-out my taste buds to the point that I can't taste all the flavors Va. flakes produce.

I smoke aromatics occasionally, but many leave my tongue and mouth tissue feeling weird -- maybe fatigued is a good word for it.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
It is crazy that some are able to do that. There are days that I don't even smoke because time does not allow it.

Hope that some day I will be able to make time for so many bowls of bacci per day! Must get expensive though.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I don't really know how many bowls a day I smoke, but I smoke all day. I drink coffee in the morning,

ice tea most of the day and scotch in the evening. Beer on the lake, Cigars on the golf course.

I brush my teeth/tongue 3 or 4 times a day with a strong mouthwash. (It starts with an "L")

(Started smoking a pipe in '72 - same as ace, retired, no clock).

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
One thing that is nice about being a graduate student is that graduate studies are conducive to pipe smoking!
Even still, it probably won't be until I retire that I take on 8 bowls a day! Cheers to those who do! :worship:

bgbarcus

Lurker
Feb 15, 2010
On the days I work at home I go through five or six bowls (small to medium size). Sitting in front of a computer makes it easy. As others have said, smoke slow and drink plenty. The only times I have problems are when I get into a Burley mood. I love the taste but anything high in Burly messes with the pH balance of my tongue. Drinking coffee or lemonade helps but some times the only option is to stick with Virginia blends. On normal days I only have time for one or two bowls.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I smoke one or two bowls a night during the weekdays and then usually 3 bowls each day that I am off work (morning, noon and night) I also dip about two cans a week.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I work from home and smoke in my office and outside so time is not a problem. I normally have 8 - 10 bowls a day with no problem and have for years. Part of it is your mouth becoming accustomed to it. I only have any mouth issues when I smoke to many bowls of very strong tobacco. So most of the day it's codger blends and the strong toby at night.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Well for me I wake up and I've already got my and I'm the shape of holding a pipe and a cup of coffee and I just go from there. Always have something to drink.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Normally I do a bowl after I get off work, whic is three days a week. Other than that I don't normally smoke a pipe. I don't smoke cigs now or ever in the past but I do smoke a bowl of hookah a day, it's more of a social thing me and my friends do, it will give you a heck of a nic kick to!

Jul 15, 2011
I manage about a bowl a day, sometimes not even that. I can't smoke at work and my schedule is all whacked out, and it doesn't help that I have spent the last three weeks making treks back and forth from the hospital in my spare time. The pipe and its tobacco are just one of many mistresses that occupy my time and money.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
some days i smoke none..... some days i empty and fill all day.
never have had a problem either way. but then when i was in da army i was a 5 pack a day smoker.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
maduroman, 5 packs a day, you are lucky to be alive. I thought I was smoking non stop at a pack and a half a day. You must have been lighting one cig with the other and never take a break. I didn't think it was possible to smoke that many cigarettes in a day. You must feel so much better, quitting must have been a bitch for you.

Jul 31, 2012
OMG, 5 packs a day? I never heard of anybody smoking that heavily. I agree with cigrmaster, your lucky to have working lungs after that torture.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
funny thing is i was in the best shape of my life, running at least 5 miles every day, some days up to 15.
and yes, i lit one right off the other with a lit one in my mouth before i cleared the rack. heck, there were times i smoked in the shower.
as far as quiting, no it wasn't hard at all. would quit for a couple years, though, and drift back but never to the point where it was over 2 packs a day. when i got married the second time the warden asked me to quit and have not had a ciggy in 20 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.