PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
I just go to ebay and buy a 10-20 dollar pipe each week then throw it out when it has too much tar. So that way I smoke fresh every time.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
I keep a log of what I smoke. I looked at it today and discovered that a favorite pipe of mine- one gifted to me - hadn't been smoked in two years. How the heck did that happen ? I smoked many other pipes instead. I forgot I had this pipe. I have unsmoked new pipes.

Lesson: I have plenty of pipes already and need to focus smoking those I have.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I don't... especially with 30% sale at Tobacco Pipes...

But, hey... I saved $100.00!
Don

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I picked up three pipes and some tobacco this weekend from tobaccopipes. It was a great deal I couldn't pass up! I stocked up on tobacco from pipesandcigars at 15% off as well. It was a nice haul.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
mothernature said “I also wear my special underwear and buy at least one pipe a year and keep it there.” I am remembering this in the off chance you sell off one of your pipes, I draw the line at pipes stored in underwear!

banjo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Recently I asked my wife if she'd like to give me a pipe for Christmas. I'm not sure asking for a gift is resisting pipe acquisition disorder, or just deflecting it a little.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I found a new defense mechanism against PAD!
I'm still going to look at pipes but from now on they will look like this (or worse):
002-171-2686.5131.jpg

I know it's supposed to be a Ser Jacopo Mangia Fuoco Spongia Rusticated Cherrywood with Silver (R2) (D) but really it's a salt mill with a handle!
No. Thank. You.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I gave up resisting PAD. In a couple of years, I’ll be that homeless dude on the freeway on-ramp... but I’ll have a duffel bag full of damn fine pipes!
“Will Work For Tobacco”

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I have more pipes than I need and can always find one to smoke. Any new acquisitions will need a high WOW factor to suck me in.
Even TAD has slowed quite a bit.
The $12000 roof slowed me down quite a bit this year and mama's car is getting pretty old.
Then, there's new tires for the bike, vet and dentist bills, etcetera and so forth...
First world problems. I feel quite fortunate to have pipes, vehicles, pets, a roof and a fine wife.
jay-roger.jpg

thedbs999

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2018
Wheeling, WV
Right now I resist PAD by telling myself I'd rather spend extra funds on pipe tobacco. I've found a few blends Iam liking, and really wish to add several tins to my cellar.
Dan

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
The opportunity cost of the purchase stops me; a night in my RV at a KOA campground in SC or FL costs my wife and I $50 to $75 per night, so you can see how many nights I give up per pipe! Fewer nights means less beach and less fishing! 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.